“Great stay!”
Review of Villa Arya Ubud

Villa Arya Ubud
Ranked #82 of 585 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We just spent 3 nights in villa arya and we had a great stay. The rooms are beautiful, the place is so quiet and peaceful, it's green and relaxing. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, especially with our one year old. The only annoying thing is that it's a bit far away from
Ubud, they only have a shuttle every 3 hours to go to town. And they don't have a restaurant, nothing around, so you need to get their shuttle or own transport to go out for dinner. Apart from that it was great and we loved it!

• Stayed: January 2014
villaarya, Manager at Villa Arya Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hi Pauline OZ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our place on your recent stay.
It's nice to meeting and knowing you especially with your one year old son (your son have same birthday with me) also we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed with all of our service offered.

Just would like to inform you that we still on progress to have a restaurant with garden concept, but as you know at this time we work with our representative restaurant for handling the food (Lunch and dinner) and they will bring the food to our place.

Again thank you for your support given, I'm looking forward to the pleasure with humble to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Villa Arya Ubud

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Villa Arya is definitely made for those wanting a quicky, affordable yet luxurious getaway with a loved one. It was my first time in Bali as well as my girlfriend's and when we came to Villa Arya we were stunned by the beautiful decor setting as soon as you step in.
The retreat is surrounded by huge green trees, beautiful art on the ceiling and the warm smiles of the staff. You are greeted with a delicious smoothie.
The rooms are a good size for a couple sharing, the bathroom is absolutely amazing - so spacious and big with a huge mirror that my girlfriend loved, our balcony over-looked the pool area, which made waking up in the morning very pleasant. Plenty of closet space for those who pack heavy.
The food menu is average-priced although ofcourse there is cheaper in the Ubud Central but that goes for most hotels any ways.
Villa Arya is a little out of the way from Ubud Central which was a little difficult for us as it was our first time and would of liked to been able to walk into Ubud Central on our own record without the hassle of shuttle buses or arranging taxis. Although the staff are very flexible when you want to be picked up/dropped off at a cost of $5 AUD.
If you are familiar with the Ubud area, then should not be a problem otherwise can be a bit intimidating walking around with the stares of the locals haha.
Mosquitoes were not so much a problem, when we did notice them, the staff quickly and happily provided us repellent in all forms - for our skin and for the room. He even went to the effort of going down to the shop late at night to get us repellent.
Unfortunately, during our stay with encountered a problem with another who had been staying in our room without our permission - a pesky rat. Not only that, but he/she only decided to come say hello at ridiculous hours of the night/morning - particularly at 3am - 5am.
It woke us up on several occasions and I found it very hard to fall back asleep as I could hear it come out again, go through our stuff and scamper everywhere. Although, whenever we tried turn our light on it would disappear somewhere! VANISH! We assumed it was coming from the hole on the wall near the mini-bar.
After a couple of nights, we decided to speak to the staff. The staff admitted they did have a rat problem (a little disappointing as they should have disclosed this from the staff) and that they will try to find the rat while we were out, if not they would change our rooms. When we returned from a day-trip, nothing was said about the rat so assumed they found it. All was well until we woke up to the sound of the rat going through the bin at 5am in the morning. Very frustrating!
Luckily only stayed 5 nights, so we tried to not let it bother us to much but if was a longer stay, I would of tried to look for other accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anastajia C
villaarya, Manager at Villa Arya Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hi Anastajia C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our place to tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you happy with our room, decoration, surrounding, garden and our staff looked after you.

We are most concern to hear of the series of issues you had encountered during your stay. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused, especially a rat problem in early morning time.
We have noted your comments and immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at Villa Arya, which is located roughly 10 minutes outside of Ubud's main city center, for 5 nights. When I arrived at Villa Arya, I was immediately embraced by the beautiful scenery and a warm Balinese welcome from the staff. While selecting my accommodation, I wanted to stay somewhere that offered the "private retreat" atmosphere. Villa Arya embodied just that. I stayed in the Satya Room and the Gedong Wooden House Villa. Both villas were amazing - open-air bathrooms, modern-style amenities, and private terraces all nestled in a unique Balinese environment. Dek Wan, the manager, and his staff will go above and beyond to make your visit to Villa Arya one to remember.

Room Tip: Choose the Satya Room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
villaarya, Manager at Villa Arya Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hi Nathan C,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay at Villa Arya, it was truly a pleasure to serve you.
also thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us and we are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed with all of our service during you stay and glad that our staffs took a good care of you.

Again thank you for choosing Villa Arya and hope your experience will be bring you back to us in the nearest future.

Suksma (Balinese way to say thank you),

Reviewed December 18, 2013

First time to Bali and stayed in the wooden house Gedong for 3 nights. Location feels like one with nature with the green atmosphere in the villa. We expected bugs, but great care was taken with the installation of mosquito coils and pest repellents around the room.

Exceptionally pleased with the sincerity and warmth that the staff provided. Staff took great interest in the comfort of our stay and ensured that the facilities were up to expectations. They were of great help in facilitating with suggesting activities for us and taking the extra mile to make the necessary bookings. Very accommodating with our endless requests and questions regarding Bali.

Breakfast was homecooked in a kitchen right beside the dining area, making the experience even more homely.

If you are looking for a humble stay that has a local touch, Villa Arya should be made your top choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boomboomkha

Hi boomboomkha,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on your recent stay.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed with all of our service offered.

Regarding the breakfast it's one of our concept to cooking the food in front of our guest and we would like the guest know how the food is processed with fresh ingredients.

It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

All the best,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

It's serene, it's relaxing and it feels like home...
Now; it IS slightly out of Ubud (but I already knew that when I booked this place, and that is actually one of the reasons why I booked it in the first place! Central Ubud has been getting too crowded and noisy for my liking these days; the traffic jams and the sound of horns and all sorts of noise indicating a chaotic life that I actually want to avoid this time...so the location itself has won me over from the start...)
It's the little things that count, like the fact that the staff always seemed to know when guests are coming "home", drenched and soaking wet in this horrible Monsoon season, and they would rush out with umbrellas in hand...the fact that when you decided you'd have a dip in their lovely pool and it's a little late in the evening (although it's not dark yet) the staff would not only bring pool towels (yes two towels instead of one; cause you would want one to be lining the pool reclining chair and one to dry your body off after you finish swimming) but also burning mosquito coil for you...so sweet and thoughtful...they didn't have to do that!
Breakfast is wonderful; prepared almost-from-scratch right in front of you...more-than-adequate in quantity and exceeded expectations in quality... They are also flexible when it comes to breakfast, when you feel like having a fruit salad instead of the tropical food platter that was supposed to accompany your 'Indonesian Selection Breakfast Set'...
We needed a little bit more coffee than usual to perk up our morning and the staff gladly offered to bring an additional pot of freshly-brewed Balinese Coffee to our balcony instead, just so we could enjoy it at the comfort of our own private terrace...all the staff are so professional and extra friendly... and most importantly: SINCERE...you could feel it instantly, they take pride in what they do...and they are so warm and hospitable, they really made our stay here...
Now the room itself is incredible...we stayed in the 'Satya' room and it's gorgeous! It's located on the second floor facing the pool and the immaculately-well-kept garden...the cheerful-and-yet-tasteful-orange-colour wall added warmth and cozy-ness to this room...the beautiful paintings in the room, the extra-comfy bed, pillows, bolster and quilt, they work together to create a perfect recipe for a good night sleep... lurrrveee the bathroom! It's huge and cleverly-designed, with 'rattan' blinds to keep it open-yet-private...the bath tub is larger-than-usual and is a perfect venue for a long-hot-bath after a long day of sightseeing and walking around...
Last but certainly not least, the in-room massage was fantastic!!! (I had it in this wooden 'house' next to the pool to give my partner abit of privacy and quiet time while I indulged in a little pampering massage session...thank you Miss Made...I think you gave me The Best Massage ever! (and I go for alot of massage sessions, not just in Bali but Singapore as well...but nothing compares to your massage skills!
All in all, I would chose this place over any other place in central Ubud, cause it comes in a package...and this package is truly delightful! Thank you Villa Arya family, you really made our holiday extra-special! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013
villaarya, Manager at Villa Arya Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Daisukigo,

Thank you for choosing Villa Arya for your accommodation during your holiday in Bali especially in Ubud area also thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Villa Arya. It is with pleasure to read that you loved and get a satisfaction with all of our service offered and really glad to hear our staff were helpful and looked after you.

On behalf of the entire team at Villa Arya, we all look forward to welcoming you back to experiencing Villa Arya much more.

Best regards,
I Kadek Wartawan (Dek Wan).

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

After seeing this villa so highly rated on trip advisor, I was most excited to stay at this villa. However, I have to say I was disappointed. It was quite far away from the town centre, and not walking distance to anywhere really. This meant your only options for food was at the villa and the food was pretty average. The villa itself is quite hard to locate too as its so tucked away.

The staff while friendly, were not tremendously helpful.

The mosquitoes were the biggest issue for me. While having a massive outdoor bathroom sounds amazing, it wasn't in reality. There was one miserly mosquito coil there which did nothing to fend off the mozzies. Also, the staff guaranteed that you would not be able to see through the wooden screen walls, however when I came back late one night, I could see into my bathroom from the outside!!

The villa is very beautiful, so
I guess if all you want to do is chill out in your room and relax by the pool, this place will be perfect for you! This place just sadly wasn't for me.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Specopspaintball
villaarya, Manager at Villa Arya Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Tinyshoe,

Warmest greeting from Villa Arya a serene & relaxing home,

On behalf of The Management and staff of Villa Arya, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your recent stay with us.

we were taking your comments into high consideration. I have noted your comments ( The mosquitoes, food, wooden screen walls) and immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and the gift (the review), because we think would not have been possible for us to get a success without your exceptional cooperation.

Best regards,
Dek Wan and all the teams.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here the 1st few nights of our honeymoon and loved the place Definitely recommend it, breakfast was delicious rooms were spacious and well finished and villa provided shuttle buses into town as it's to dangerous and far to walk

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Zizic
villaarya, Manager at Villa Arya Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Zizic,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers, we are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your honeymoon in Bali especially in Ubud area and your recommendation is highly appreciate it.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,