“Back to nature.. literally”

Sapulidi Bali Resort & Spa
Ranked #60 of 621 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed April 4, 2014

me, my husband and my married friends stayed here for 4D/3N, and it was a great experience.
we went to Ubud for Balispirit Festival (every march) and the resort is so close to Arma (music festival) like 5 minutes motorbike ride, and around 15 minutes to Purnati (Yoga festival) with motorbike ride. so when you are done with yoga, you can go back to this peaceful resort with paddies view and private pool (we took the suite villa with two rooms and our own private pool)

So here are my tips:
1. pick a room (if you want the suite type-which is niiice) with bathroom inside. The other room got the bathroom outside, so when the rain come, you need an umbrella just to go for a quick pee or wash your face.. and it's weird. haha.
2. They don't have any iron or steamer, so you might want to keep all of your clothes wrinkle-free. haha again.
3. Mind the local people walking by at the paddy fields, because they work there and sometimes they just looking for some small fish. As I say, back to nature...literally ;)
4. If you still want to work in Ubud and need to use
the free wi-fi, they got bad connection in the room, so you kinda have to go to the front office or anyplace near front office. But, c'mon.. working in Ubud? get out and explore!
5. Crazy ants! So don't EVER put your food anywhere near or on the floor! I did. Big mistake =D
6. They have shuttle mini bus every couple of hours, but you can also rent a motorbike or bicycle.
7. have a pleasant trip =)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
desaktrisna, Manager at Sapulidi Bali Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Ms. Ayutami,

Warmest Greetings from Sapulidi Resort, SPA & Gallery...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience at Sapulidi Resort, SPA & Gallery, Ubud, Bali.

We are so glad to read it and we are Indeed by providing little touch to you, we are able to deliver our personalize service and feels our resort as your home away from home.

Really appreciate your feedback on wifi / internet service which we are continuously improve to exceed your satisfaction.

Sapulidi Resort, SPA & Gallery as an establish property in Ubud are always try to visualize the picture of our guest about Bali and feel like living in one of charming Balinese Village.

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in Ubud, Sapulidi Resort, SPA & Gallery.

Management, Sapulidi Resort, SPA & Gallery

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed there with my husband for 4 days & 3 nights in Suite Villa (with pool), and the resort satisfied us =)

Good points:
1. Beautiful room with paddies view and private pool (I highly suggest you to request the room with bathroom inside, not outside, unless when the rain comes, you want to bring umbrella when you want to pee or take a bath)
2. Great service with standard-good breakfast

Bad points:
1. They don't have any iron or steamer or any instant laundry service, so you might wanna try to keep your clothes wrinkle-free =D
2. Poor wi-fi connection if you use the internet from the room
3. You don't want to put your food on the floor and left it open, because the ants in that area are quite nasty =D
4. Limited cable channel, unless all you want to do is to hang out in Ubud or have a quality time with your partner

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ayu U
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice place with eice fields view, very clean and high hospitality. The balance between quality and price was ok, they have shuttle bus to Ubud, close to its great shopping centre. The only thing they ocults improve is to have only one key for all the doors of the room. Anyhow, to sit down outside in the terrace while listening to the night wildilfe sounds is incredible

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antoni M
Madesuardika82, Manager at Sapulidi Bali Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Antoni,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I was pleased you were happy with your recent stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and the services offered.Regarding with the master room key issue, we will take action accordingly but can't execute promptly due to we are still concerning with new room project. your comment is very valuable for our improvement.
Thanks again for your review and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon!
If i can be assistance in the future, Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on my mobile phone at 081338537457 on your convenience.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

You will love this place if you:
1. are a serenity lover, it is a very quiet and cozy place;
2. are a nature lover, there are lots of flowers & plants;
3. long for village life; it has nice paddy fields, nature's serenade from frogs & insects at night etc;
4. expect high quality services and very friendly people;
...
You will simply love it here when you come. *^_^*

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank shoy1011
Madesuardika82, Manager at Sapulidi Bali Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was stayed only for 1 night on 28 january 2014. I stayed in here for celebrate my birthday and overall i loveeeee the view !!!amazing rice field and also our private pool...wow.
Firstly want to highlight about television channel, its very poor.
Second,I am understand this hotel still in soft opening but the hotel will be more better if always recognize the guest who celebrate the birthday,honeymoon or anniversary.this is only a little thing but surely it can make unforgettable experience for the guest.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ay_ay89
Madesuardika82, Manager at Sapulidi Bali Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are apologize regarding with some issue during your stay at our resort such as TV channel and birthday or honeymoon arrangement that was not acceding your expectations.
Currently we are still using provider from MATRIX instead of INDOVISION and gradually we are still progressing to up grade the channel accordingly.
All your input is highly appreciated.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

During our time in Bali my partner took seriously ill in hospital. After getting out, SapuLidi was the perfect place to recover. We stayed in a hut over looking the rice paddy which was incredibly tranquil and serene. Upon arrival staff immediately collected our bags and assisted us to the rooms and couldn't have done more to help. One member of staff even gave me a ride to the local
Mini mart to get more water. The rooms are beautiful and cleaned daily. The mini bar is replenished continuously and the bathrooms are out of this world. Having received fresh fruit on arrival I was looking forward to enjoying a lychee only to discover we had another house guest! A small mouse had made it's home in the straw roof! This I'm sure can't be helped due to the location and we ensured no food was kept in the room and all surfaces were cleaned. The staff were great and so friendly. It's such a romantic location and perfect for honeymooners. Be prepared and take mosquito spray and if you're a light sleeper perhaps some earplugs as the straw roof isn't that sound proof :-)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Winkershim
Reviewed February 2, 2014

After seeing the resort picture while booking we were very skeptical if the rooms would be anywhere close to pictures. They turned out to be much better. I fell in love with their spacious bathroom with the open air bath tub which they had filled with colourful balsom petals when we arrived. There was a semi private pool shared by two cottages. The whole resort spread over a lot of land with a pond and paddy fields in between and it was quiet and peaceful and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had informed them we r there on honeymoon and they welcomed us with a lovely heart shaped fruit cake. Overall, excellent experience and good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family