Indigo Villas
$177
$280
$254
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I recently returned to Australia after spending a whole month at Indigo Villas with 24 artists from all over the world. The Villa was perfect for our every need. The rooms were all so unique and charming with so much space and so many different communal areas for us to work and socialise. We had also rented two villas down the road so all together we had three pools so pool parties were never scarce. The staff were beyond helpful, cooking us such fresh and filling breakfasts each morning, helping us to arrange tours and drivers (drivers were there to take us anywhere around Ubud whenever we required). Arranging for us to rent scooters, book massages and different courses around Ubud. The Villa was always spotless with the staff cleaning every room, making the beds, cleaning the bathrooms and communal area every day. There was always free flowing filtered water for us and the fridge was always filled with fresh local grown tropical fruits.

I couldn't have imagined a better stay in Ubud thanks to Indigo Villas which made getting around and finding out about secret places so easy and relaxing. In the month we got to know the staff very well, they are all such genuine and happy people there to make our stay an unforgettable one.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Rama & Sita room. Have never stayed somewhere with so much room. The Bathroom is almost the same size of the bedroom complete with wrought iron bath overlooking the rooms private garden. There is an entertainment area in the room with a foldout lounge with coffee table and plasma screen TV which we never used but I imagine others would make good use of this. The room had a fan and AC which we also never used, even though it was Summer there is always a nice breeze flowing through the whole Villa.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jess H
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had some concerns about staying here after reading some of the reviews so I emailed them to express my reservations and received a prompt and reassuring response from the owner Andre. When we arrived he greeted us warmly and explained the layout, the operation and the essentials to ensure our stay was comfortable. We had some issues with the room that we were initially allocated however the manager Made dealt with this by moving us into the "Jungle Room" - a fabulous space encased with large glass windows and gorgeously decorated. This was a bedroom with a living room also and once we rearranged furniture, converted the sofa bed and brought in a extra fold up bed our family of 4 were comfortably accommodated for 4 nights.
Indigo is not a chain hotel or even a slick boutique it is a collection of eclectically decorated rooms or mini villas set around a refreshing pool in a beautiful setting. The staff are warm and friendly and willing to help. Indigo is about 2.5kms from central Ubud and there is a free shuttle service available at any time. I found the journey through the village, rice field and narrow lanes one of the most interesting parts of our time in Ubud. There is an open communal dining/chill space where breakfast is served and where food and drinks are available throughout the day and night. When travelling everyone has different expectations and there is no way to keep everyone happy. If you are looking for a slick hotel experience then this is not the place for you. We would like to thank Andre and his staff for a very relaxing and happy stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stay at Indigo Villas for a week and wow what should i say, it was the best stay for us.
The villas are great located, far away enough from busy traffic and bad air, near enough to take a walk to the city or take the private shuttle service for FREE.
The rooms a beautiful decorated and you feel like a king in a palace.

The staff is very friendly and try to help what ever you need, you need just to ask.
The recommendation a very helpfull and you realize this people want not your money, they try really to make your vacation just a little better.

We will definitly come back and i would highest recommend this place

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wijaya W
Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are several things that Indigo Tree should really look into, before expanding their hotel (we had noticed expansion works were going on).
- cleanliness of the room
- bad smell emitting from the toilet
- general cleanliness of the hotel grounds
- poor lighting in the lounging area
- wifi is only available in the common area
- dirty pool
- big mosquito problem

I want to emphasise on the last point about the mosquitoes. I can understand that mosquitoes are inevitable in Southeast Asia, what more when the hotel is surrounded by paddy fields. My disappointment was how they managed the mosquito problem. When I complained about the mosquitoes in the room that were biting my two girls during the night, they simply passed me a can of mosquito killer spray. And when I noticed a trail of red ants crawling on the walls and on the floors of our rooms, they told me to use the same multi-insect killer spray.

We have travelled widely in Southeast Asia and always prefer to choose boutique hotels for the very reasons that Indigo Tree was very lacking in. Sadly, I can't recommend this hotel and especially not to families with children.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dhlchan
Reviewed August 10, 2013

here come a bad review after thinking it over.
I am an intensive traveller and rather focused on valuing good experience and keeping for myself poor experience but here there is something I dislike. This is when you have a guy who decides to change his life and improvise himself as an hotel owner. That is indigo tree result. You have a promising experience with a secluded hotel away from busy ubud. Excellent point is that it is fully balanced by a free shuttle service.
The lobby of the hotel is open and friendly to consume wifi. atmosphere is very relaxed and enjoyable. But so far it isn"t enough to make an hotel. The nice guy who wants your well being by giving you is good advice on travelling forgat that an hotel owner is a real manager not a free coach for your daily travel. Ask your guest how are the rooms, is the shower working well with the right temperature.Are the mosquitoes such an issue that some people want to stay in their room to avoid bites?I stop here but this the job of the boss. You could have a great place but you cannot just sit in the lobby browsing internet when you welcome guest with a price tag.
This is not a good quality experience...By the way all the people working there are great and they are at no moment the issue. But they have no one to help them grow and be better to improve the details....Ah yes I forgot an hotel is a sum of details not just an overall postcard

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family