“Best Italian I have ever eaten”
Review of Dolce Arancia

Dolce Arancia
Ranked #232 of 791 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Please check our website for alternative phone numbers
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Ate here last night - it was superb. The food is delicious, light and fresh, the atmosphere lovely and the service amazing. We gave them a tip and they came to give us back the money thinking we had misunderstood the currency. The honesty was appreciated after our experiences on the streets that day!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I just ate here and from the minute we walked in until the minute we walked out Dolce Arrancia was FANTASTIC!!!

The service was impeccable, the food divine, decor/ambience perfect!

We will definitley be returning here before we leave.

Our compliments to Stefano and his crew!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

When we first saw Dolce Arancia restaurant, Yudi was welcoming customers in with a huge smile as we were peering through the window.

We loved the décor – sort of high end “retro-chic”. Such a clever use of space, transforming this small venue, tucked away off the main road, into a very cool, very inviting and lively space. The mirrored walls are genius, making the place feel spacious and giving snippets of all the interesting things going in the corners of this stylish restaurant.

The food was as delicious as the space. My favourite was the gnocchi gorgonzola – the sauce was creamy and decadent, and the gnocchi pieces still firm (many are a little sloppy). The signature salad is unusual and delicious. We’ve been there a few times since, and resisting dessert is pointless.

They make their own bread, so the bread basket is something to dream about (after spending a few weeks in Bali where rice is abundant, and good bread less so).

The service is warm, heart-felt and impeccable. Stefano and Yudi really care about people, and care that people have a great time in their restaurant. You can’t help but feel special just by being there.

This restaurant is definitely worth another visit or few!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a delicious meal of bruschetta al pomodoro, pesto pasta and also the pappardelle with porcini and italian sausage in a parmesan crust. The parmesan crust was certainly an interesting and unique way to serve the pasta. If you are looking for a change from Indonesian food, give Dolce Arancia a try. In terms of what this restaurant lacked, it was a sense of atmosphere. Both times we visited we were the only diners.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a couple of times with my husband while in Ubud on vacation and I have to say it. I liked it very much, food was fresh and very tasty with attention to the presentation.
I had the bruschetta mista, excellent, and then got the spaghetti with shrimps and zucchini. Delicious! the grilled salmon that my husband ordered was very good and very well cooked and then the top notch was the tiramisu. I had already tried the one with wild berries the first time we were there and this time I had the classic tiramisu.
As an Italian/American that has visited a lot of restaurant around the world, I have to say that I did not expect to find this jewel so far away from Italy.
I do not understand some people that have never traveled and never been to Italy and still they pretend to know everything about Italian food. Really? Who puts cheese on fish? Only someone that has been eating at Apple Bees or Ruby Tuesday or, even worst, at Olive Garden!
Please, give me a break! This is a real Italian food and it is amazing considering that it must not be easy to find the right ingredients in Bali.
Keep up the good work, we'll be back as soon we put our feet in Ubud again!