The treehouse is just a wonderful house to stay in. We stayed there with two persons but there is enough space for up to 6 or even 8 persons. It’s so big! Lovely decorated with so much attention for detail. The open jungle bathroom is amazing! Staff is always friendly and willing to help. I just enjoyed every minute of my stay here. Such a wonderful, quiet place. Lovely views, great breakfast, away from the busy city centre. The place is a bit hard to reach but staff is always willing to bring you to the city centre or pick you up. Or you can rent a scooter and drive yourself, which is fun through the rice fields. Highly recommend this place! Would love to come back.
After staying there in 2016, we enjoyed this place so much we came back a year after. Simply the best accommodation we found in Bali. Lovely houses, beautifully decorated rooms, lovely garden, greatest breakfast, and most of all, lovely staff, Made, Wayan and with the incredible Sonu, always happy to help or joke. Thanks and see you next year!
We are seasoned travellers and have visited many countries and stayed in a wide variety of places from budget to 5 star and we have come to the conclusion The Rice Joglo in Ubud is now at the top of the list..for many reasons...here are some:
1. The location - it's situated just 10-15 mins walk to the centre of Ubud or a few minutes on the scooter. The pathway from town is narrow and winding and so incredibly beautiful with the water flowing constantly on both sides, breathtaking views of the rice fields and no cars allowed. It's worth it just to walk on this pathway and take a look at the property even if you don't stay there.
2. The staff - Sonu is the manager and he will make sure you enjoy your stay, he's kind, caring and has a great sense of humour. Also Wayan and the other staff members are always there for anything you need.
3. The accomodation - we stayed in agung suite for the first few nights, which is so beautiful, huge open living space, two levels with the big comfortable bed upstairs which looks straight out to the rice fields. One day we walked past the treehouse when they were cleaning it and asked the staff if we could look inside, then fell in love and moved in the next day for 5 more days. The treehouse is bigger and has the most beautiful outdoor bathroom you've ever seen (the pictures don't do it justice) with vast amounts of different living/chilling areas, and the sound of the water from the ravine before you sleep and when you wake up.
The structure and interior design is (for me) the best I've seen.
4. The breakfast - Wayan makes the best banana pancakes and you can have tea, coffee, chai, eggs..whatever you want..all fresh ingredients. Thanku Wayan for the beautiful food. Also if you're lucky Sonu might offer to make you his famous curry, it's so delicious.
5. The nature - you are in the middle of the rice fields and surrounded by wide open spaces, animals and scenery you can never tire of.
I do have many more reasons but don't want to write a novel, I think you get the picture.
Even if you don't decide to stay, check the location in google maps and walk the path, see the place (you can't miss it) and even go in for a refreshing drink, Sonu and Wayan will welcome you. Tell them Melody sent you
Enjoy Ubud, and safe travelling
We had a really fantastic time staying at the Rice Jogolo! Everything was just better than we could have hoped for and our memories of the place will last forever. Sonu and Wayan were fantastic hosts and looked after us brilliantly - including a stunning breakfast each day. The excursions and activities were fantastic, particularly the downhill mountain bike ride and the Balinese cooking class which was fun and sooooo tasty!!
On good advice,I booked at joglo rice for 3 nights and simply fell in love with the place. ..located in the rice fields,little structure(balinese style),away from the crowd and center of ubud pollution,which makes you feel at home,in harmony with nature,sonu will treat you as a friend and will take care of all your needs.
Will definetely come back and highly recommand it
The rice joglo was absolutely our highlight of our trip in Bali not only in Ubud. The place is absolutely gorgeous, super nature oriented with amazing views of the rice paddies just like its shown on Lonely Planet. The whole decoration of each Villa there is perfect. Sonu (owner) is the nicest guy we met there. We became good friends after only a few days. He was super helpful with our luggage taking it to the Villa and also taking it back when we needed to leave. His breakfasts are the best thing as well, he was always happy to spend time with us and help us plan our trip around Ubud. This is the perfect place for honey moons , for solo travelers and for everyone who is looking to stay in paradise with an amazing host-Sonu!!
Just got back from visiting Bali for the first time and I had to send a quick note to my people at the Rice Jogloo located in Ubud. As this place came highly recommended from a friend who had previously visited, my expectations going in where very high. Let me be the first to tell you that our expectations were met and exceeded. From the surrounding rice fields that provide unreal views and a sense of calm, to the staff, this place is a MUST VISIT.
Kristen the owner was very helpful in answering any and all questions. Sanu, the point man on location is an incredible host and knows how to make the experience whatever it is you need it to be.
I will definitely be going back. Thank you again to the Rice Jogloo and their staff for providing a once and a life time experience.