“Great food,good prices and beautiful atmosphere:)”
Review of Kopi Kats

Kopi Kats
Ranked #13 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Ubud
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our dining facilities provide customers with a comfortable modern atmosphere, whilst retaining the beauty of traditional Bali, through use of Bamboo, Alang-Alang & Local Stonework. Al fresco dining is also available in a relaxing garden environment.Our menu provides extensive local cuisine along with interesting dishes from around the world. Our quality ingredients and presentation are key factors in our service.Our kitchen staff and baristas have been trained to western standards.Our coffee and homemade bread and cakes are very high quality.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Kopi Kats became our regular dining place when we were staying at the Beji across the road in February 2014. We were so glad to find this restaurant so close to where we were staying, it was a nice relaxed stroll to and from the hotel. The atmosphere of the place is really wonderful, open eating areas with banana palms and umbrellas, and the front of the restaurant constructed from bamboo. The menu consists of a whole range of great foods from an all day breakfast, Asian dishes, indo meals and an Australian 'pub' meals, all food is very reasonably priced. Australian owner 'Don' is very friendly and welcoming, making sure he introduces himself to all his customers and even offered to babysit if me and my friend wanted to go to the spa across the road. Only tried one cocktail which tasted divine, but weren't the cheapest around so didn't have more than one. All in all a great experience :)

Don M, Owner at Kopi Kats, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thanks Jasmine for the great review. It was lovely to meet you and I'm very happy you enjoyed your experience with us. About the cocktails... we made a decision to use the "real" imported spirits which does make them a little more expensive than using the "local knock off" brands. Glad you liked it tho. :-)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

On my vacation to Ibud, Bali, it was so nice to discover the wonderful food and coffee lattes at Kopi Kats! My favorite breakfasts were the spinach omelette and the fruit crepes. Lovely dinners too. Don and Teresa, the owners are always there, and are so friendly and helpful with travel and sightseeing questions. I love their New Villas too, and next trip will check with them for availability.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Don M, Owner at Kopi Kats, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thanks so much Dianne for the lovely review. We really enjoyed your company each day and sincerely hope that you'll stay with us next time you visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

2 girlfriends and I stumbled across this restaurant on a stroll out in ubud, the food here was amazing! Between us we got the pork belly, hot dog & beef burger and we can safely say there was nothing left on our plates! I also walked in flushed because of the heat and as I sat down without me even asking the owner came out with a cold wet towel for me to use it was such a kind gesture!

Don M, Owner at Kopi Kats, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thanks for the very nice review. It's lovely to know that your enjoyed.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I (from Australia) stayed in ubud for 2 weeks and had the convenience of having kopi kats right across the street from our resort, with everything in bali being so cheap including restaurants, the food here was by far the best we had and also very cheap, when I was feeling a little home sick I always came here for a hot dog and chips which was better than I can get back home. And the Indonesian food was just as good as you could find in any of the other restaurants here (if not better). Don the owner who is from Australia who, like all aussies is a down to earth top bloke! He has obviously overseen every dish here before it has hit the menu because with a lot of the other restaurants the western dishes aren't the best. One more thing I need to mention is the coffee, its like Melbourne coffee; which we all know is the best coffee;)
So if you're in ubud drop in and give this place a go, you wont be disappointed. Thanks don (and the lovely staff) for the hospitality mate, hope to see you again next time we're here.
Cheers,
Dave & Rene.

Don M, Owner at Kopi Kats, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Wow.. thanks for the fantastic review... It was lovely to meet you both. Thank you very much for your patronage during your stay in Ubud. It was wonderful to see such friendly faces come in every couple of days. Very happy that you enjoyed.
Best wishes..
... Don & Teresa

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stopped here for dessert and coffee on the way back to our hotel (Beji) after eating elsewhere. The sign out the front says "Great Coffee" and boy was that right. So much so we ordered a second cup each...mmm.
Not only was the coffee great but the dessert was amazing. I had the Mango Souffle and the husband had the banana split.
The souffle was so light and fluffy with just a subtle hint of mango, it was so high it was almost a shame to take a spoonful. The creme anglaise was laced with vanilla and so creamy it was devine. Even the non mango hubby liked it. It looked just like the photo. At this point I was wishing we had another night in Ubud so we could eat here again. The service was fantastic.
We happened to start talking with the owner Don, who is a very cheerful and happy fellow. Who advised us that they also have villa's, after a quick unintrusive chat, an offer was extended to if we wished look at the villas. Always being on the look out for places to stay we agreed.
The villas are nice and spacious with a kichenette, large TV with cable and a very good sized bathroom. The pool looked very inviting and best of all.... NO STEPS... Looking forward to a return trip to stay here..

Don M, Manager at Kopi Kats, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thanks for the great review guys. It's very satisfying to hear that guests have enjoyed their experience at Kopi Kats. Certainly hope you can get back for an extended visit with us.
All the best..