“Beautiful garden and amazing owners”

Frangipani Bungalows
Ranked #108 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful garden, super clean, in the middle of Ubud sans noisy scooters, and last but not least, amazing owners Nik and Darini make this place feel like home. This place is worth more than its price. If you must absolutely have a pool, you can pay $2 for the use of a nice one next door. Tip: Even though it's just a 5-8 min walk to the main road, I'd recommend renting a scooter to get around ubud in general.. Ubud center is bigger than you think! They are $4-5 a day. the drivers on the road are actually more aware and considerate than you initially think! It's almost safer driving here than in Canada because drivers are WAY less distracted here!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013

A friend of mine recommended Frangipani when I asked her about a place to stay at Ubud.
I have to say that her recommendation is just perfect for me and my husband.
The price meets our budget (475k IDR/night).
I booked the deluxe room. It is located upstairs.
The room is spacious and clean (I was a little bit surprised because the floor and bathroom's tile has identical pattern with our own in Jakarta).
There are 4 types of breakfast's menu available: banana pancake (it's very delicious), omelette, bread with egg, and ... (sorry I forgot the last one).
What I like the most is the view from the balcony. It's just a small garden, but the view is relaxing.
The location is also great. I was heavily pregnant during my stay there, and I still could easily reach Monkey Forest and Ubud Market by a short walk.

Don't forget to chit chat with Nick and the other staff there. They are really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and had a very pleasant stay. Located about 10-15 minutes walk from the main road in ubud with plenty of restaurants/warangs along the way. The upstairs room was very large and new with super bathroom. Really clean. Only downside was the poor carpentry where the windows and doors had large gaps letting in bugs. Plugged in our bug zapper and this seemed to do the trick! Balcony was large with nice view over garden and small section of rice field. Hot water for tea/coffee left on balcony table really nice touch. Breakfast good, served on balcony. Nik was really friendly. Overall very happy, would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed one week in Ubud and decided to come to Frangipani. We can say that we don't regret our choice : If you are looking for a room not too far from Ubud center but isolated enough to enjoy peacefull life in Ubud, you won't be desappointed.

We had a ground floor room, large and clean, with a direct view on the propriety garden. Nick and his family are very nice and help you understand why Bali is so special.

No swimming pool but as far as i'm concerned, It's not something i would search for in Ubud. Good wifi, nice fresh breakfast were offered too.

We'll come back in Frangipani next time we'll go to Ubud again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights with my partner and we just fell in love. The location is perfect. Only an easy 10min walk to the heart of town but there are restaurants and spas 2mins away on JL Bisma. No traffic noise and noone just outside the hotel hassling you for transport etc.
The room cost us $25 AUD p/n. It was spacious with high ceilings and gorgeous furniture. Beds were comfy and the whole place was clean and shiny. We booked a fan only room and were a bit concerned but it ended up being way better than sleeping in aircon and waking up all snuffy.
Breaky is served on your private deck and the pancakes are amazing. Hot water is delivered 3 times a day in a thermos to take advantage of the free tea and coffee.
My favourite part is the lush green garden. Nothing beats waking up to that view :)

Also highly recommend Pizza Umah for a meal which is just down the road. And if not having a pool worries you there are plenty of places on the street that will allow you to use theres (try komaneka, it's worth a look!)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here four nights. I stayed in Ubud seven nights in total. First three days I stayed at Pita Maha, one of famous resort with a friend. After she left, I moved to Frangipani Bungalows and stayed.Pita Mana and Frangipani Bngalows are different type of accomodation but here was also very very nice.

Frangipani is located in the middle of Bisma street. Bisam street is near Monkly Forest street but it is very quiet and everyone can enjoy nice rice filed view. I stayed on 2nd floor. It is quite big room and very clean and loverly room(trust me! totally same as pictures in website).

Nick and his wife were very kind and friendly. They provided yummy fruits and banana pancake every morning.Also they provided hot water(pot) several times a day(early morning, afternoon and evening). That was really good service as I really like tea anytime.

I strongly recommend to consider sayting here. This is good option! Enjoy staying at Frangipani Bungalows!

Room Tip: I stayed on 2nd floor. I think all rooms are good but if you prefer more private time, 2nd floor roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 8 nights and it was just great! The room is clean and very new. From the terrace you see a wonderful tropical garden and the owners are very friendly! They even helped us organize a trip with a private driver. In 8 to 10minutes walk you are in the center of ubud if you go on the other side of the street you can walk to the monkey forest. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013