“Ubud's Villa hidden gem”
other travelers have booked this property
Main Lounge - tropical living Bale area - poolside
Bedroom - #3- queen bed and large balcony
En suite Bathroom with Goddess statue shower
New bathroom - added February 2015
Main Lounge Day Bed
Yoga platform - designed to catch the breezes
Magical atmospere at Villa Damee at night
Large pool - ideal for lap swimming
Water feature entrance to Villa Damee
Pool and Day Bed Platform area for relaxing
Local rural scene
Local temple dancing - 3 minutes from the Villa
Ducks in the rice field
Waterfall - 15 mins from villa  at Gunung Kawi Temple
Rice Fields and walking in the village is a true delight
Rice fields - 15 mins from villa
7 mins from the villa - The Pakerisan River .  Fishing trips organised from the villa.
Ubud is surrounded by mountains - this is Mt Agung -  Pejeng Village
Our lovely staff- Kadek, Wayan, Yanik
The Villa Damee Team receiving their Certif of Excellence - 5 Stars
Village Ducks in Pejeng
Beautiful Balinese Artwork
Local Pejeng temple ceremony
Munduk Waterfall - a day trip from Villa Damee
Local Village School - English Teaching Programme Volunteer -  Assist the teacher
Mt Agung, Pejeng Village, Villa Damee
Villa staff - Nuoman, Wayan, Yanik
Ubud Ricefield Walk - Campuhan Ridge Walk located in central Ubud at old bridge
Local village activities - making the Penjors for festival celebration
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Any
Richo N
“Ubud's Villa hidden gem”
Reviewed January 20, 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Just outside of Ubud (around a 15 min drive from Ubud Square) is this hidden gem! If you are in search of peace, quiet, tranquility and avoiding all the hustle and bustle of some of Bali's more "tourists-friendly" places like Kuta or Seminyak, then this is the place for you and your family! Highly recommend it if you are planning on going with a big group of people or with your family. The staff were very welcoming and hospitable, the facilities (pool, lounge area, rooms, rooftop massage area, dining table area, koi pond, etc. are very well maintained and clean, and lastly, STRONG WIFI CONNECTION (first world problems, I know) but this is extremely crucial if you have work to do over the holidays sending emails and whatnot in the middle of the kampung (village). There are a lot of activities to do in Ubud so please plan your days accordingly or you'll run out of time!

Transportation is quiet difficult (if you are ordering an Uber or taxi) it may take a while. So I would suggest renting a bicycle or motorbike to cruise around the area. The food served at the villa is not great, more prepared for a Westerner's tongue and the only real complaint I have is that I didn't stay longer. Will definitely pay Villa Damee a visit sometime in the near future!

Your age range 25-34
Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for your review. Yes, please come back and stay longer. We have so many wonderful village activities around us especially if you like to visit remote temples, stop and have coffee at Wayans house and meet Grandma and make coconut oil together. A very cultural stay with many bells and whistles. See you again . We look forward to it.

Paula S
“The perfect family Villa.”
Reviewed January 3, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Villa Damee was the perfect place for my family holiday. A total of 10 of us stayed at the villa and it was the best holiday of my life!
We had 4 adults and 6 kids staying and nothing was too much trouble! From the fresh juice on arrival (it was about 2am Aus time when we arrived) to the surprise traditional dance show, everything was incredible! I really miss the fresh fruit every morning.
Wayan our host was so amazing! She organised everything for us and nothing was too much trouble. She had some lovely ladies come to the villa to braid our girls hair so we didn't have to sit in a shop for hours! She also organised for two of the most gorgeous little girls to come and perform a traditional dance for us, they even taught our kids a few moves. The shuttle driver Ketut became our tour guide, he was amazing! We ended up hiring Ketut to drive us every day of our stay. He always made sure we were comfortable and he helped us find some hidden gems! A highlight was visiting the local school, it was so good for our kids to learn about another culture.
On our last night we invited all the staff including Ketut and his family to join us for a pizza night! It was so much fun! With no oven to use we improvised and ended up cooking the pizzas on the stovetop. It was hilarious and so nice for our kids to get to know kids from a different culture. Wayan says hopefully next time we visit there will be a wood fired pizza oven.
There will definitely be a next time! The villa is beautiful and so very comfortable, we had a week booked in Kuta after our stay in Ubud, after just one day in Kuta we all wanted to go back to Villa Damee. I'm already saving to go back!
Thank you to everyone involved in our holiday, It really was the perfect holiday!

Your age range 35-49
Jan 3, 2017
Hello and thank you for the great feedback. We have indeed ordered our pizza oven - so do come back for that. So happy to got to see all the cultural things around the villa. Bali is nature, culture, relaxation - but its the Balinese people that make it special and I am glad to hear you are saving to come back. Kuta sounds a bit lacking. Ubud has it all, as you said. Thanks again for wonderful feedback.
Onwer.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect Bali experience ”
Reviewed January 3, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Our family of 8 stayed at Villa Damee for 3 nights. The Villa was perfect for our needs, Wayan, Nyoman and the staff were so friendly and courteous. We had a wonderful immersion experience with the Balinese culture. The highlights of our trip were once in a lifetime experience of attending a ceremony with the entire village (happens once in 30 years!), walks to the village, visiting with Wayan and her family. We highly recommend a stay at Villa Damee.

Jan 3, 2017
Thank you for your lovely comments. Yes, the cultural immersion is wonderful and being in the heart of a village, a little out of Ubud allows for this. Please stay with us again.

Rongrong...
“Amazing villa with great caring staff onsite”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We just came back from our Bali vacation, we had two families to share this beautiful villa. I was so glad I made the right decision for picking Villa Damee, their onsite staff is very kind and willing to help you in anyway. Staff could even pick up your laundry everyday at super cheap price. People in general in Bali are super nice and feel welcomed.

Jan 3, 2017
Thank you for staying with us. We really enjoyed hosting your family and yes, indeed, we charge local prices for all incidentals like laundry and meals in the villa and excursions. Please stay again with us.
Lina K
“A peace place to rest”
Reviewed November 27, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I was staying at villa Damee for a week and I enjoyed it very much. I was sleeping in a nice and comfortable room on the second floor which the door directly open to a wide area for meditation in the morning (it used to use for yoga or massage). I enjoy my time to think and read on that place. The fresh breeze bring peaceful and calm feeling as the name of the villa, Damee means peace.
The cook was great, we ate very tasty food, cooked by a Balinese cook. I love the pumpkin sauce, very delicious and the fried rice was very yummy :)
My favorite is the pool, the water comes from the spring and you can drink the water while you swim, no chemical. I can spend hours to swim there.
Don't worry about transportation, you can rent a scooter, 50 thousands rupiahs (about 5 dollars) a day and the route is not difficult, you can find public places and main road easily, once I go out from the villa I just back without lost (while in my own hometown route is my big problem).
Well if you want to rest in a typically village places with a nice service, I recommend you to come to villa Damee.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Nov 28, 2016
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the beautiful natural spring fed swimming pool and the ease of getting into Ubud. Our cook is fabulous and I glad you got to try the food. We would love to have you back again. Stephanie
rmac3688
Melbourne, Australia
“Look no more, this IS the perfect Bali Villa.”
Reviewed October 2, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Having been to Bali several times before and stayed at many villas, I can confidently say I have found "the one". With two teenagers, and parents, this place has the perfect set up.
The staff were amazing and we really felt that we were able to get a taste of the "real Bali", but not in a cliched way. We ate out in Ubud once a day, either lunch or dinner, an easy (20.00 AUD return) , and then back at Villa Damee for the other meal. The staff were totally accommodating and hospitable. It's not like other villas with high walls and a front desk where you hardly get to talk to the Balinese. This one feels like staying at a friends house. I will totally be recommending Villa Damee to all my friends and family.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The views, the people, the pool.
Liked least: having to go home.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oct 3, 2016
Wow, thank you so much for your lovely, kind words. It is our aim to make you feel at home, and what better compliment to get " feels like staying at a friends home". Thank you for your words of praise. Lots of love from the Villa Damee team.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent place to stay. Felt very safe, cared for and pampered.”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Travelling with myself and two teenagers I was a little nervous as this was our first overseas trip. I could not have come to a better place for the three of us to feel like family members. Thank you Wayan for making us feel so welcome and organising everything we did. Thank you to all the staff at the Villa for being beautiful. My children are already planning their next trip.
Jenny

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff are exceptional and I got to relax and chill with my children
Liked least: Child 2 would say the ants
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 20, 2016
Hi Jenny,

I am so happy to hear about your positive stay at the Villa. Wayan, our manager is indeed very welcoming and the team reflect her kindness and care. Nice to hear you are planning your return. Many of our guests are return guests. Holidays are all about the people you meet - so we are so happy to have added positively to your Bali stay on this exceptional and beautiful island. Bravo. See you again soon.

Owner
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing