“Can't wait to go back!”

Ranked #267 of 542 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Doha, Qatar
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friend and I went on a 500km motorbike ride around the island of Bali. Taman Sari guesthouse was our second "pitstop". We reached the guesthouse after a grueling 150+km bike ride and we were welcomed by such great hospitality by the hosts, and their beautiful accommodation. We had the third floor of this guesthouse all to ourselves, and was awed by the view from our spot! It's nestled just far enough from the busy Ubud, but close enough for us to walk to town. We had an amazing stay, it's one of the best places in Bali to just relax and unwind. The couple of nights we spent at the guesthouse seems to fly by so quickly! We both wished we could stay longer!

Room Tip: Top floor is the bomb!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Bologna
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a lovely stay here! The place is very suggestive, not far from the center of Ubud, close to the rice fields. Our room was clean and spacious, and the view from the balcony on the third floor was unique
Vicky is a wonderful person, very friendly and helpful.
If you are looking for a place to relax, this is the place. The only regret is that we stayed only two days!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gaia L
Victoria, Seychelles
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed twice in Taman Sari Guesthouse and both times I enjoyed the stay so much, that I wanted to prolongue it. Taman Sari is a small property, pretty outside Ubud, yet close enough to be in the center within few minutes.
The hosts are super friendly, the cleaning is functioning properly and one had this feeling of being part of a family while staying there... even afterwards.
They have contributed so much to my stay in Bali. I am super grateful for their hospitality.
All the best Taman Sari!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Violeta1975
Tykissy, Owner at Taman Sari Guest House, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We are very happy indeed to hear that we were able to offer you some comfort and support during your time in Ubud. From Taman Sari House side nothing could please us more. It was our absolute pleasure that you chose to share your time in Bali with us and we feel lucky to have felt your presence. Happy Travels and Keep Smiling :)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was living at Taman Sari House on the ground floor for a month and: I loved it! The room was little but big enough to live there for a month – and actually I stayed most of the time, when I was not out, on the terrace. The Wifi was working very good and the view into the lovely garden made me work perfectly on the laptop. The staff members were very sweet and always want to serve you in the right way. Vicki is an amazing Lady, who cares a lot about her guests. She is very charming and I felt at home just by knowing that she was around. The driver Ricky were also asking if he could help with anything – once he helped me opening my bicycle lock (I lost the key), very kind man.
The way downtown is quite far (2 or 3 km), but with the bike it was quick to get there (and a good exercise!). Some meters up the road is a place called Sugar’s where you can join some nice time at the swimming pool.
The place is surrounded by colourful rice paddies… juicy green rice paddy fields… beautiful! And the Botanical garden is some minutes walking up the road.
Taman Sari House is a pieceful place to stay – and I loved the good energy which I could feel every day.
I will come back to Vicki’s place when I visit Ubud next time.
Many thanks to Vicki!!!

Room Tip: Choose either the ground floor room with the nice view into the lovely garden or the 3rd ground room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Champey
Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent value for money of this guesthouse, when I walked in off the street to check availability. I stayed for a month in the summer of 2012. It is set amongst paradise - nature all around. The view from my bedroom and from my first floor balcony was amazing! The bungalow was very spacious and had all the amenities I could wish for, including a bath! Vicki and her staff are excellent hosts and struck a nice balance between being very friendly, whilst also respecting my privacy. My bungalow was kept clean and tidy and I felt very safe there. I really felt part of a family while I was there. Vicki is a very warm host and I highly recommend this guesthouse. It's a home from home, set in paradise.

Room Tip: The bungalow on the first floor (first floor meaning one level up - as in the UK) has amazing views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Taman Sari for four weeks in July/August 2012. It is a quiet place with a beautiful atmosphere. The service is great, the room and bathroom is very clean and the view out on the rice fields makes you forget everything. It is two kilometres from the main road with the Botanical Garden next door and a swimming pool a few minutes up the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank manda_heilmann
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed there 1 month and enjoyed that house. It's also in good location just 3 min ride from central road. There is lovely warung (cafe) just the next door which is also lovely option if you wish to enjoy the dinner in your house without spending much time in the kitchen. Premises were cleaned 6 times a week. We had everything we needed in the room and in the kitchen. Highly recommend. Swimming pool is quite near - about 500 meters by the road

Room Tip: Just walk in and choose whichever you like more
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple