Review Highlights
Fell asleep it was so relaxing

Reviewed June 29, 2016
FrankDiscoveries
Europe
via mobile
Nice small spa in huge building

Reviewed March 31, 2016

from $50.00
from $53.00
from $127.36
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2016

So we had traipsed the whole of Ubud and really needed a spa - all the others were booked, but not this (should have been a sign). My husband and I were in separate treatment rooms on the top floor - we were supposed to get a flower petal bath, but after I saw the dirt and mould in the bath, I asked just to have a massage (should have just left with hindsight). I got undressed and showered, and lay on the bed - for 20 mins - before someone turned up. Then, when I said I didn't think we had time for 90 mins as it would mean my husband would have to wait, my therapist interrupted my husbands massage next door to speak to his masseur (for a solid 5 minutes?), then came back in and said I could have 60 mins. The massage itself (after the erratic pressing at first, which I guess is supposed to be the relaxation part), was actually pretty good in comparison to other massages I've had, but just due to the state of the room this has to be a 2* - the walls at the top were made out of bamboo so tons of bugs were crawling in, geckos etc. and because the building was just a stones throw from the road you could hear traffic, beeping, cats wailing.

Honestly, just don't bother wasting your money - it's actually a little more expensive than other spas in Ubud, and a really not nice experience.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Our group of 6 family and friends were all catered for in our visit there yesterday. Our tour guide Mr Bedu Tours called Kalanga an hour ahead and the staff arranged individual treatments in a short time frame for us all. The massages, manicures, pedicures and facials were amazing. Everything was clean, with a pleasant environment, professional staff and so friendly. Highly recommend this day spa when in Ubud.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this place by an employee from our resort. Upon arrival it seemed a bit quiet and I questioned our decision. But then I got the massage and felt very happy. My wife was equally thrilled by her massage, so we returned again. This time I had the masseuse that my wife had the previous time and it was heavenly. It's been a while since I fell asleep getting a massage but this time I did. The staff even drove us back to the hotel. A brilliant place and inexpensive when compared to the likes of taksu. We'll be going again.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed March 31, 2016

There were 6 ladies but they could only offer the much acclaimed avocado cream hair massage treatment to 2 ladies at a time - because they only had one steaming machine. So we split the group. So I had a neck, shoulder back stress relief massage which was pretty good followed by my hair treatment. My friend had a foot and hand massage - she felt that the foot massage was very good and would come back again. The hair treatment was quite relaxing and I must say that my hair did feel light and silky for a couple of days afterwards.
The premises are big spacious and beautifully opulent - because it used to be an art gallery now converted into a spa - great idea!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

Litterally the worst massage I have had in Bali. Place looks lovely on the ground floor then rest of area is so so....
Massage was rough, felt rushed and was far from relaxing. No music so all you can hear is the road. We have tried both expensive and cheap massages throughout bali and well with the 21% surcharge on top it was one of the most expensive and yet one of the worst. They are rough and careless as I got scratched regularly and no sence of security as far as keeping you comfortable. Do not recommend at all. Would not give any stars if that was a possible rating.

Date of experience: February 2016