Review Highlights
Great massage

I've had a great 1h bali massage. We came here as other spas were fully booked but the massage was... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2017
Alberto M
Milan, Italy
via mobile
Fell asleep it was so relaxing

We were recommended this place by an employee from our resort. Upon arrival it seemed a bit quiet... read more

Reviewed June 29, 2016

from $50.00
from $53.00
from $127.36
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2015

When it comes to massage, I have a long list of particular things I need to get to consider a massage as good. Well to be honest, the place isn't flashy or anything, but the therapist really nailed it. Pressures were perfect, she knew what she was doing. Got out refreshed. I visit Ubud regularly, and for sure I'll be back.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 28, 2015

We went to the Kalangan Spa for some pampering before my sister's wedding. This spa is associated with the Beji Ubud where we stayed and they recommended we go there. It was good that we could get what we were after, manicure's and pedicures plus a couple of massages. There were 6 of us so it was good they could accommodate us all. We all enjoyed ourselves and the staff were very lovely and accommodating. This wasn't the kind of 'spa' experience I have received in Australia and that was ok but if that is what you are used to or after then you should try a more reputable spa.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

Me and my wife booked a package with lumo-lumo massage, facial and mani/pedicure. All done with great care. The therapist know what they are doing. My wife is fysiotherapist herself so she knows what is good or not. Also the facial and mani/pedicure where done with great care and knowledge. The place looked clean and fresh. Nice relaxing music in the background. We had a great experience and will come back.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was surprised to see this place has bad reviews. My experience was completely enjoyable. The staff is very friendly, and attentive to personal needs. They provide a tasty cold drink when you arrive, and offer hot tea when you leave. They have a lot of rooms and the massage tables and headrests are very comfortable, even couples rooms with 2 tables. I have been to 7 spas in the Ubud area and Kalangan has the most comfortable tables. There is a little noise from the road, but that was no problem for me. They have showers for before/after your massage, and a pleasant boutique of flowers for you to gaze at while you drift away.. . The owner Wayan speaks english pretty well also. I would recommend this place to anybody.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank 167Justatourist
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went there because the good spa next door is full. The first floor is look ok and they are available so we decide to give them a try.

We found out that there is no spa environment. No air condition !!!! No music, we can still hear the street voice and the voice from other room.I got the bug bite and the towel use to close our eye is smelly. There is a bug at the shower area.

It seem the massage lady work as the part time there which mean when we ask the spa receptionist whether they are available or not, they receptionist send them a text and tell us to wait and then they just give us the confirmation. The massage lady talk on the phone during the massage. My massage is ok but my boyfriend one is not good.

Date of experience: July 2014