“WOW!!! This place rocks! ”

Kismet Boutique and Drink Bar
Ranked #19 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Ubud
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Original Location: Fastest Internet in Town 20 MBS Kismet Boutique, Cafe & Vape Bar sits in central Ubud on the corner of Jalan Dewisita and Jalan Goutama. We feature a wide range of beverages including house made Chai and Ciders, Espresso Bar and Kombucha Bar. Downstairs is the women's boutique and upstairs in the mens boutique, coffee shop and Vape Bar. We sell a variety of vaping supplies and accessories plus you can vape while you drink a beer while enjoying the view from our second story building. Don't forget to check out our NEW LOCATION! Kismet Restaurant has recently changed Locations. We have re-opened location just down JL Gautama in-between Taksu and Earth Cafe & Market. Here at this new location you will find all our classics, plus a new and revised menu. At the NEW location we have 100 MBS Fiber Optic This location has turned in to Kismet Boutique, Cafe & Vape Bar We feature light snacks, wine, beer, espresso, kombucha and soon will add more fun delights.
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

After some time in Ubud I finally stumbled upon this sweet little spot. One of the best Vegi restaurants I've ever been too. Try the Vegi satay! Or the big asain bowl of goodness, so yummy! They make there own picked ginger and kimchi too. The staff were so wonderful, brought me a fresh cold towel and reverse osmosis water. Really cool boutique and led lit tables displaying a really unique line of jewelry from travelers and artists from abroad. Couldn't resist got some kool jewery which usually never I wear and am seriously eyeingthe motorbike in the window in there downstairs shop... A little out of my range but tempting with the hand carved metal engraving... Guess im gonna have to move here! Thanks to the Super owner babe for all the travel advise, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Since I´m in Bali, I´m spending a lot of time over here.
It´s almost like my second home. The staff is amazing,
super cute and friendly. the coffee is amazing and always
my first thing to get when I´m going to the center.
The Pad Thai is legendary and the Big Bowl of Goodness
one of my favorite meals in whole Ubud. Healthy and delicious.
I also made half of my friends over here, the comfy atmosphere
is perfect for connecting.
And downstairs is my new favorite boutique with amazing clothes and jewelry.

Best place in town.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This little spot is run by 20somethings from Southern California and it feels like it. Efforts are made to reduce waste (washable metal straws, glass cups not plastic, etc.). An icy cold towel infused with lotioning and cooling oils is offered at the beginning of your meal for your refreshment and cleanliness. Vegetarian and vegan options available. Very trendy nouveau yogini feel. Great spot for the right crowd, but not everyone may feel comfortable here.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

as a vego you mostly miss out on trying Indonesia's national dish of little grilled skewers with peanut sauce: at kismet they make an awesome version out of soy/seitan that gets a great smokiness from the charcoal grill and has the right kind of chewy/protein-ness...
a handful of the and a bowl of mixed salad is a delicious, healthy and affordable dinner. and the location is cool, elevated above ubud's quaintest street

highly recommended

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This little spot is for the feather and leathery type, and for that type only. Though well decoarted, the food is overpriced, bland, and the woman who seemingly owns it does not treat her Balinese staff with much respect. She also was catering her friends at the back, so what we ordered took ages to arrive. Much to our dismay it wasn't very good, either. My wife and I left feeling totally unfulfilled.

2  Thank CharlieFox44
Karoee, Owner at Kismet Boutique and Drink Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Sir, I am at a loss as to how to respond to your review.. I'm truly sorry you did not have a positive experience here. We pride ourselves here at Kismet with treating our staff as family, we care deeply for them not only as our employees but as our friends.
Most of our staff has been here for a year or more and we receive compliments every day about how happy and sweet they are. Sometimes when busy restaurants can seem stressful to an outsider but I assure you that all our staff love working here and are very appreciated everyday and compensated well. :)

Our food is full of love and flavor and we have many regulars who come back again and again to eat here and rave about it. We have a very small kitchen and everything is prepared fresh to order so it does take longer then "fast food" but we feel it's worth it for quality. In fact this is the first thing we say at the top of our menu. No person is prioritized when it comes to orders...they are made as they are ordered with no exceptions. Even our (the owners) orders.

We have guests from all walks of life here. :) From retirees enjoying afternoon high tea to families with small children and all sorts in between and we hope to find something for everyone to enjoy. We make an effort to interact with as many guests as possible and provide travel tips, restaurant suggestions and any other help that we can. Sorry we were not available on the day you came in to give you more personalized attention. We just recently re-opened and therefore have had many friends and family coming by to offer congrats etc.

Please if you are still in Ubud come back and meet us (and our staff) and let's make this better. We would love to buy you lunch or a drink and show you the true side of Kismet that we are proud of.

Been to Kismet Boutique and Drink Bar? Share your experiences!