“very amazing cafe”

Ranked #168 of 779 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are under renovation project until the end of March 2017. We are sorry but due to the huge damage caused by a severe storm occurred in December 2016. Sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate for the customers and friend who has supported us through the past 5 years. We will come back with better condition to be ready to provide better environment for the rice field experience in Ubud. I hope to see you soon in Spring 2017. terimakashi,thank you and enjoy your stay in Bali! Kentaro,Takujiro + staff cafe pomegranate
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My friend and I went to visit this cafe. up outside the cafe looks like a shack usual, but upon entering the cafe is very unusual atmosphere was very quiet and very romantic, suitable for a candle light dinner. in the night my friend and I saw a lot of fireflies in the rice fields surrounding the cafe. This adds a level of romance cafe .. so amazing you have to visit this cafee and try pork cutlet so nice..

There are newer reviews for Cafe Pomegranate

Reviewed October 23, 2013

this little restaurant is situated in the best location for a quiet and relax meal.
the menu is fairly small but there is a bit of everything and the food was delicious (and cheap), it is located in the middle of rice fields and only accessible by foot, motorbike or bike but definitely a must see while in ubud!!
I went there for dinner but Im sure it would be as nice at anytime of the day (not sure if they serve breakfast)
they got an awesome set up with really friendly staff, I would highly recommend it to anyone going to ubud.
In my opinion it would suit any type of guest either solo, family, couples.... ( perfect place for a romantic early dinner at sunset)

1  Thank clement974
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The walk itself, the rice fields, the scare crows, the overall tranquillity of the setting, is reason enough to come. The food is above average, but not exceptional. Overall, it's a wonderful spot to while away an hour or so.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent an afternoon at Cafe Pomegranate - we took a low table looking out over the rice fields and just read our books, with lots of drinks and snacks! The Japanese dumplings were amazing, as was the pizza. It's a great place to chill out and enjoy the area.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a highlight of my Ubud trip. A gorgeous meandering 10-15 minute stroll from the main road (up a steep driveway immediately before the bridge and follow the concrete pathway on the left) on a path through the rice paddies to get there - rice, ducks, people working in the fields, intermittent shops. The cafe itself is circular and has a tent roof with low tables and cushions on the perimeter and larger tables and chairs in the middle. A perfect place to watch the sunset. The menu is varied and interesting. Prices were similar to most tourist oriented cafes in Ubud. We shared dips and a pizza - both very nicely made, flavoursome and very fresh, and refreshing cold fruit juice. We thought the food was above average in the scheme of the generally very good food in Ubud. We had also been to Sari Organik (a bit further along the same path) and whilst we also enjoyed it there, preferred the food and atmosphere at Cafe Pomegranate. For me this place definitely merits a return visit.

2  Thank jenni941