“Poor management”
Review of Villa Pranashanti

Villa Pranashanti
Ranked #380 of 612 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Surrounding is very beautiful and architecture is gorgeous but it is run by poor management. They downgraded my room without me being informed while they still charged me price of the room I booked as their boss occupied the room. I had to sort out this matter with receptionist who can not speak english very well. I did not see manager during my stay.

The hotel is quite noisy during daytime as it is near by a busy road. I had to get up early because of noise from the road and could not take a rest much at room, either. It is not a tranquil place that I expected.(I could find a quieter place than this place in monkey forest road.)

I do not want to recommend this hotel because 1. It is too far away from main attraction 2. It is not quiet and tranquil place despite the location 3.Hotel management does not value guests at all

Room Tip: choose one bed room villa , can see rice field, Avoid twin deluxe
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank leon4351

Reviewed August 31, 2013

outstanding property, tucked away in the hilly forests, surrounded by paddy fields, the location was perfect away from the part mad main streets of Ubud, up a hill, one needs to hire vehicles to get around but that is hardly a problem, like all things in Bali, one has to "negotiate" the right price

Room Tip: great hotel, small extremely helpful crew and superb vibe
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank birdmanbombay
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Villa is beautiful set high up in the jungle area outside of the business of Ubud. The location is a bit far from town so it will cost you an inconsistent amount depending on the driver.We had a gorgeous view outside overlooking the jungle everyday and would have our breakfast served on our terrace. We stayed for 4 days and they do not vary the breakfast menu but I would really look forward to my refreshing freshly squeezed orange juice, scrambled eggs, banana pancakes, fruit salad and balinese coffee every morning without fail. Although there was a lot of confusion every day on the time of our breakfast to be delivered - it was either too early or too late. Things were often lost in translation as their English is limited. As well the staff are not too knowledgeable in tours and/or directions. Best is to find a tour/ itinerary that you would like to do and show it to them and they can call and arrange either a driver or a tour pick up for you. Regardless it was a sanctuary away from the bustling city life.

Room Tip: Get a room with a jungle view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vong_Choice
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We've just left the villa after only staying for 3 days. Yes the complex is beautiful and the staff were originally very accommodating, but on checking out today they attempted to charge us for food and drinks that we never had and on questioning the manager he was very rude and obviously abusing me in Balinese when he walked away. It took him 3 attempts at an invoice before he got it right. So make a list of all your drinks and food. As for the food, its worth paying the taxi money into Ubud town to eat nice food. The food was cold, and very small portions and when we questioned the staff they did not like it at all. On the upside the free breakfast was fine, but the same thing day in day out. Our villa (cocoa) was in need of some repairs. The toilet was constantly running hot water, the paint was peeling off the walls in some places. I asked for another pillow for my bed, (only one supplied) and they said they they had no more! The beds were really hard, but we had fresh linen and beds made every day. So basically, don't eat at the place, don't question the staff and your stay would be fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nursielisa
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel has beautiful architecture. Balinese stone and wood carving can be spotted both inside and outside of our rooms. Room is clean and very spacious. The balcony on 2nd floor overlooks a rice paddy field, a good spot for chilling out.
Location is some distance from ubud centre, about 10 mins drive. Its not an issue for us as we had a driver/guide and were out most of the day.
A slight disappointment is that breakfast has to be in the lobby. It will be great if there is the option for dining at the front porch or balcony which I did in my previous hotel.
I arranged my airport transfer with the Prana Shanti and Wayan, the manager drove me. He's very knowledgeable about Bali and I learnt a lot from him during the 1.5hr drive. I will ask him to arrange for tours the next time I visit again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TanJH
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here very much. We had originally booked for 5 nights, but decided to extend for another 3 nights. The villas at Pranashanti are well designed and beautiful, they offer stunning views of the surrounding hills (on one side of the property) and rice fields (on the other side). The staff are very attentive, friendly and helpful. The property is well maintained and our villas were both super clean (we changed villas half way through our stay). The breakfast was a great start to each day. We enjoyed the peace and quiet, being away from the centre of Ubud - it's about 10 mins by taxi, 70K rupiah. Overall, excellent value and a beautiful serene setting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pioboz
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's a private property design by a local famouse Japaness Artist. Open 3 month ago, just for private use before that. So we are very lucky to enjoy the fatastic place!!
It's hard to describe the resort by words, beacause it's well designed by every details, the Flora, the furnitures,the buildings,the sculptures,the pool area,the equipment.
It's in fact a 6 star villa!
Fit for honey moon, because a litte far from town.
Can't forget the unique experience!

Room Tip: 2 rooms has 270 degree views of green forest of Ubud, chooce them