AmrtaSiddhi Ayurvedic Health Centre
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 AM
Review Highlights
Embark on your journey into wellness...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $50.00
More Info
from $50.00
More Info
All reviews the kitchen staff dr sujatha detox program panchakarma treatment daily yoga classes life changing experience nyuh kuning adjoining properties daily routine cooking class consultation clinic sindhi rejuvenating nourishing ghee rejuvenated
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am so grateful to Dr. Sujatha at Amrita Siddhi for being not only a knowledgable doctor, but a compassionate and wise guide for me on my journey into true health, balance and wellness. I've been studying and self-practicing Ayurveda for many years, yet Dr. Sujatha has been an invaluable and necessary catalyst in this healing journey of chronic health concerns and has been an excellent teacher in helping me to understand my health in ways I had overlooked.

Dr. Sujatha shares the ancient wisdom of Ayurvedic medicine in an authentic, yet modern setting and language - she teaches her patients in a way that is easy to understand and empowers them with important dietary and lifestyle changes that are powerful, yet accessible and easy to commit to for creating positive and lasting changes.

I have full trust in the doctors and staff at Amrita Siddhi and I highly recommend booking here if you're serious about transforming your body, mind and life for the better.

With endless gratitude <3

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After living with chronic immunity issues for the last 3 years and getting sick for continuously long periods of time, I realised I needed a retreat or program that would help me repair my immune system. The doctors here are very caring, knowledgeable and intuitive and I completely trusted the program they developed for me. If I had any issues during my time in the program, the doctors were always available to discuss the issue and help. The treatments are decadent and very healing. The therapists, kitchen staff and housekeeping team are all lovely people who treat you with care and respect. If I had one point for improvement it would be for better communication between reception and the therapy/kitchen staff to update each other on a guest’s needs or status.

I am normally used to a more vigorous yoga practice but I appreciated the slow grounding flow offered in the yoga and the meditation classes and talks offered are very thoughtful. They also lend out books about Ayurveda which is a useful opportunity to learn more. The food offered is bland at times but it gets better as you go on and it certainly helps to cleanse the digestive system. I found the healing therapies offered by the doctors great at releasing negative energy, beliefs and thought patterns I was holding on to. The ghee period (which is 6 days in a 14 or 21 day program) is very challenging but part of the journey is to get through something that is difficult. In purgation phase, I felt a lot of negativity and stress releasing. By about day 12, I was feeling a remarkable level of peace within myself. I would recommend this to friends looking for a peaceful, restorative retreat that provides true healing from the inside out.

1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed October 8, 2018

I so badly wanted to like this place. Ayurveda is such a powerful stream of knowledge. I was hoping that this resort would marry the rigor of Indian healing with the best of Balinese refinement and creativity. It did not. This place is not a resort. It is basically a clinic with on-site accommodation. There is no room service. The is no shuttle service to Ubud. There is no food available from 6.30pm to 6.30am. Here guest is clearly NOT God. Guests are not treated with reverence and respect typical of a fine Asian establishment. Expect the staff to call you by your first name (like they are your best friends), shake heads and hug you (when they feel like it).

The two Ayurvedic physicians have developed a steady and dedicated following among Germans and Australians. They seem to have fixed a lot of problems for these clients that lies beyond the reach of talk-therapy and western medication. The Panchakarma procedure conducted here is intense. This might be ther reason why you wish to stay on-site or in one of the adjoining properties. The best part of my stay were the treatments. The treatments were consistently good. My favorite treatment was Pizhychil ( warm medicated oil poured over the whole body). It deeply nourished the nervous system and got me in a deep state of relaxation.

The food is prepared according to Ayurvedic principles. It is super basic and uninspiring. There is no proper Indian Chef and any attempt to refresh the menu for clients staying for 21 days. If you are used to Komala Vilas or classical South Indian cuisine made with finesse the food here will come as a rude shock. I had to "escape" to Sage or Mother (just down the street) when I could not tolerate the ugly melamine bowls and stainless steel thali plates. Be prepared for meal times to be super depressing.

If your focus in coming here is about fixing yourself and changing your lifestyle into an Ayurvedic one then this might be an ok starting point. If you want to get your digestive fires back this is a good place for that too. But come with very very specific health goals - be it mental, physical or emotional health goals. The combination of treatments, bland food and simple yoga/meditation here could do the trick. There is evidence that Panchakarma addresses obesity, depression, anxiety, insominia and many urban diseases.

The yoga studio is beautiful and well stocked with blocks, mats etc. The yoga is Hartha yoga taught by a Romanian woman and a Balinese woman. Good for elderly women with limited mobility/injuries. But if you are a yoga practitioner its best to get your daily fix of yoga in one of the various studios in Ubud that have experience teaching multi-level classes and have more experienced and passionate yoga instructors. There was one good yoga Nidra teacher called Lani. But she appears to have had a falling out with the owners.

If you are from Singapore and used to the high medical and hotel standards then this is NOT the place for you. Stay in a nice/proper hotel in Ubud and come and see Remil or Sujatha for a consultation. If you wish to send your elderly parents/grandparents to this place then send your maid along - she can deal with the kitchen, get your medication and run some errands and shield you from the "friendly" staff. But for less hassle and more value for your hard-earned money it is much better book yourself int a professional and seasoned Ayurvedic resort in India or Sri Lanka. Preferably one set by a lake, in a mountain or other inspired natural setting.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

I came to AmrtaSiddhi pretty battered: I had had an onset of an autoimmune condition 12 years prior that left me with limited mobility and chronic neuropathic pain among other symptoms; I was completely burnt out from a demanding job and high pace lifestyle in New York City; I had been hospitalized 3 times in the months prior and was frustrated at the lack of a holistic approach by my medical doctors in the U.S. So when I found AmritaSiddhi and decided to give it a go, I wasn't feeling very hopeful about what was possible. But this is a special place, and special things happen here. My first consultation with Dr. Remil was a major departure from the run-of-the-mill appointments with my doctors in New York. He was interested in my whole life, not just the things I thought was ailing me. A day later, I signed up for the 12-day Pancha Karma program. It's no exaggeration to call this experience transformative. I left AmrtaSiddhi having made clear progress: I'm on half the dose of my pain medications and muscle relaxants as I was before I started the program and feeling the best I've felt in 12 years.

Pancha Karma is not for the faint-hearted, but if you choose to go on the journey AmrtaSiddhi is probably where you want to do it. You'll receive the utmost attention and care from your dedicated therapist who will administer incredible daily treatments such as Abhayanga Massage, Shirodhara or Pizychil. You'll eat tasty soups and meals, and even learn to cook the Ayurvedic way, from the incredible kitchen staff. Housekeeping, the grounds staff, the receptionists all ask how you're doing like they really want to know, and then follow up to see if you've improved the next time they see you. Daily restorative yoga and beautiful meditation sessions three-times per week will be included with your program. In addition to this, I took 6 private yoga classes with the incredible "Saraswati" (who also occasionally taught group sessions). Saraswati had a profound impact on my physical and emotional healing and I will forever be grateful to her. At meal-times, you'll gather with other incredible people from far-flung corners of the world that AmrtaSiddhi attracts as participants and their stories and wisdom will change you forever.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Coming off a long illness, I had spent 5 months with heavy narcotics and other medication being pumped into my body. I wanted some natural therapy to heal and detox, and found out about AmrtaSiddhi!

I had researched dozens of centres, but something attracted me to AmrtaSiddhi. I made payment and just rocked up there, with no other research, nor preparations.

I initially booked a 12 days Panchakarma, which I quickly extended to a 21 days, after only 4 days there. This experience has been one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself!

Not only were the staff (from the maintenance crew, to the kitchen staff, to the Physicians) everyone made me feel welcome from day 1! The approach is so nurturing, and every staff is there to assist, that you can't not feel like in a bubble. This approach was also conducive in my healing, due to the support and encouragement provided.

Whatever the Program you choose, I would recommend staying on site. this was vital in my recovery, and helped me get back on track pretty quickly. I also made some lifelong friends, not only within the guests, but also within the staff themselves!

I cannot find appropriate words to describe my experience. All I can say is that it was the best decision of my life so far, and this has changed my life for the better.

Don't get sucked into other centres that overpromise, and look very commercial. At AmrtaSiddhi, you will feel like you just checked in to a Homestay, and will soon feel like you are now part of the family as well.

One the main things that I took away from my time there, and that I am now trying my bests to apply on a daily basis:
"Do What You Love, and Love What You Do!"

I can't thank every single staff member enough for nurturing me during my healing, and helping me towards a level a happiness I have not felt in over 10 years!

I am already planning my next visit! See you soon :)

Thank you!

1  Thank Nic C
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I have spent 3 weeks in AmrtaSiddhi Ayurvedic Health Centre - Bali for a Panchakama program of 21 days. This was the most valuable and wonderful experience for both my physical and mental health so far. The clinic is located in Ubud, the true yogis paradise in Bali! The Panchakama program as the other programs are supported by a great team of Ayurvedic Doctors, Therapists and Instructors. This is a true journey to physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Besides Ayurvedic Consultations, Treatments and Medicines, the clinic offers a unique Panchakarma, Detox- and Rejuvenation Programs and specialised Executive Programs to ensure that you can get optimum and lasting results.
I was truly blessed to spend time in this wonderful place and I will suggest to every person to try one among the programs.

2  Thank Lara M
Reviewed August 15, 2018

My 21 day Panchakarma was definitely a mini awakening. I entered the program with 18 months worth of chronic dizziness and chronic fatigue, which built up to a point of being completely housebound and unable to function. I had done the rounds with western specialists and their vast selection of drugs before heading to Amrtasiddhi out of pure desperation.

The program was custom built and consisted of various massages therapies, herbal medicine, tailored diet, eye treatments, meditation, light yoga, life coaching and most importantly for me, several healing sessions. I am strongly of the opinion now that anyone who suffers from chronic fatigue has to address a mental imbalance or blockage, which western science doesn't recognise to the same degree. On day 6 I had the mental breakthrough I needed and two months later continue to be on a sometimes inconsistent, but upwards recovery. Finally a result.

The level of detail, attention, support and love shown by all Amrtasiddhi staff is genuine and remarkable. A special thank you to Sujatha and Frank who cracked the code and continue to be available supports throughout my continued recovery.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful consultation with Dr Remil followed by Abhayanga massage and shirodhara. Best massage I have ever had and shirodhara (oil dripping on forehead) was a new experience but very relaxing and highly recommended. I was greeted by name and asked lots of questions to ensure I was comfortable. A wonderful day off from my yoga teacher training I will be back

1  Thank lozz682
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Ayurveda is the ancient Indian system of natural therapy. One of the principle components is panchakarma for cleansing and rejuvenation. This program is for those serious about their health.

In India, particularly Kerala, there are many clinics, however if Bali is closer for you this is a truly wonderful facility. The two doctors from South India are deeply knowledgeable and all the Balinese staff are genuinely caring. I love coming here.

2  Thank DrDavidAUS
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I recently went in May and did a 12 day Panchakarma program. Afterwards, I felt the best I have since I was in my teens. Its defiantly a process and you need to give it your time and have patience, that was a learning curve for me. The staff was great, the food was amazing! I really got into my routine there and miss the yoga every morning! I recommend this place no matter what is going on in your life, we all need a reset!
Aloha Brent Bielmann : )