“Too much chanting & talking”

Intuitive Flow Yoga Studio
Ranked #17 of 222 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed January 11, 2014

After reading the great reviews on trip advisor I bought a 5 time pass without first trying a class. A mistake. I tried to stay 'open' but Linda's constant talking in a nasily voice was not pleasant. The pranala class ( a combination of various yoga practises) involved lots of chanting, an intensive flow ( forgive me but I'm not a huge flow fan), ending with yoga nidra while we were in shivasana. It was not an enjoyable. No wow factor. I also attended a power yoga class as well as part of a Hatha class taught by a lovely Balinese local. Unfortunately I could barely understand him and his voice was also somewhat unpleasant. I did prefer his classes. I wouldn't recommend this studio unless you love flow and chanting. The studio itself is lovely and In a lovely location. The classes are very small.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
in 18 reviews
in 15 reviews

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The yoga studio is a truly beautiful environment! It is great place to try yoga for the first time or deepen your practice. Linda is more then just a yoga teacher. She is a true healer. She is tuned into her students in a way that few other teachers are. I started doing yoga with Linda years ago and felt so empowered, connected and safe taking her classes. I tried taking classes from other instructors all over the world in the years that followed, but I could not find one that compared to her. I struggle with shoulder, elbow and knee problems and Linda has helped me find ways to modify my poses and gain awareness of my movement so I don't hurt myself. Even in the context of a large group class, I have a sense Linda is tuned into my movements and postures and will be there to assist me if I am doing something that isn't right for my body. I've injured myself before in other classes, but I always feel safe and confident taking Linda's class! I also highly recommend her as a yoga therapist. Her understanding of the body goes well beyond the average yoga teacher and her deeply intuitive nature and attuned senses make her a true healer.

1  Thank ariani99
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I attend Linda's classes regularly and I miss them when I am out of Bali or she is away. The classes are a mix of asana, meditation, pranayama and chanting. All followed by the best Yoga Nidra ever. I feel so good afterwards and can really feel the prana moving throughout my body.

The studio is beautiful and in the mornings one can often see Bali's sacred volcano Mt Agung.

A special experience. Thank you Linda.

1  Thank DewiLakshmi
Reviewed January 7, 2014

As beginning yoga student, I found Linda to be patient and gentle in her teaching style. She was encouraging and positive and she helped me develop patience, acceptance and self-confidence in my practice. Her meditations, chanting and mudras are wonderful. Thank you Linda!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 14, 2013

What was suppose to be a 12 day mountain hiking ,trekking trip in Bali which was cancelled due to the rainy weather ended up as a beautiful introduction to yoga practice here .Never had done yoga in my life ,attended my first class with Eva as the instructor and just fell deeply in love with yoga practice in a lovely new moon phase .Am so grateful to have had Eva as my first teacher ,her feminine energy was just amazing .Her engagement with the learners starting with self introduction ,maintaining eye contact ,explanation of each step,appropriate voice intonation,and continuous flow was perfect .She was the only teacher among the 4 others that I have learned under who always asked in every class if anyone was a beginner and reassured any new ones with encouraging words accompanied by a short introduction to the practice and what is expected .Feedback from 2 other learners who have practiced yoga for some time was also amazed by her teaching so if you are a new I do recommend her as your first teacher .
Teacher Linda was conducting the teacher's training during this period hence I have not had the chance to learn under her .Teacher Sukma 's laughter yoga was unique and energizing and teacher Ngurai's hatha yoga was just energetic and challenging .
The studio is quiet ,tranquil,airy,woody and intimate ,it overlooks to a beautiful landscape beyond and it's a small class where one can focus on the teachings .
Do visit her little store that has meditation CD's ,trinkets and the very comforting eye pillow which I got for myself .
The only set back was one of the learners brought her little child into the studio and as nature of children they can be very restless and noisy,the family running the center have a little boy who when cries can be heard very clearly in the studio and some of the learners had their hand phones ringing the whole time which can be distracting ,this really needs to be addressed .
For a drop in class it is 100000 rupiah ,but if you take a series it is cheaper for a 15 class series it was 750000 rupiah.
Thank you to the friendly family in Intuitive Flow and beautiful teacher Eva for invoking my love for this practice .

1  Thank asjahstrina