“Great alternative to to a cruise shore excursion”
Review of Balifriend Tour

Balifriend Tour
Ranked #63 of 367 Tours in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a team of guides/drivers who look after our guests as friends. Friends to accompany you, not just to see but to experience the real and unique Bali in personalized , relaxing yet professional manner.
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great alternative to to a cruise shore excursion”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked a 2 day tour with Putu by email before we left home and when the ship changed its itinerary at the last minute he was able to accommodate us and organize another driver. Wayan was very friendly and gave us an excellent tour.
We toured the Island with multiple stops giving a a taste of what the island has to offer, including temples,fire dance, a home visit,beach dinner, rice terrace lunch and much more. When talking with other guests who had done ship organized shore excursions we realized how much more we able to see in our private tour.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Micjanmontreal
balifriend, Owner at Balifriend Tour, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are glad to know you were enjoying your time in Bali. Hopefully this first taste of Bali would encourage you to Bali again in the near future. Bali has so many thing to experience. Take care.

Amman, Jordan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We loved our time with Juli and his family. We booked the Be Bali Day and it was one of our favorite days in Bali. Juli, who works with Putu and Kadek, showed us around their house and took us out to their farm. We "helped" them cook a traditional Balinese lunch. It was not a hardcore cooking class. More like getting together with your great aunt and family out on the farm. Much better if you ask me. My kids loved fishing in their little pond and their rice fields were absolutely stunning.

On another day Juli took us to their village's hindu ceremony. That was a great experience. He also took us to some nearby temples and tourist sites. He was on time every time and was a pleasure to be around. He was flexible when we wanted to alter our plans and was really good with our kids.

I would definitely use Juli, Putu or Kadek if I am ever lucky enough to return to Bali.

Visited December 2012
balifriend, Owner at Balifriend Tour, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
It was our pleasure to have your great family with us. Your kids are wonderful. We admire their willingness to experience new things. We hope you can remember it not just about cooking and food but also about our way of life in Bali.

Best Regard
Your Bali Friends, Juli, Putu and family
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kadek and his family are truly friends in Bali”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor ratings, I emailed Putu to arrange a driver for my family's time in Ubud during October. He was prompt with his response to my query and absolutely accommodating of my very vague request as I did not have a set idea of where we wanted to go on our outings. Putu made some suggestions but all remained flexible and we were open to alter things when we met his brother, Kadek in Ubud. Kadek met us exactly as planned in my emails with Putu. He was always prompt and beautifully presented in traditional dress. The near-new people-mover van was immaculately clean and maintained. We had 2 days travelling with Kadek up to the north coast on Day 1 then to the east coast on day 2. As we were travelling with a couple of teenagers who ran out of steam for car travel, Kadek was flexible in accommodating our numerous changes of mind and was never at a loss with helpful suggestions to make the most of our time. Having enjoyed our time with Kadek, we arranged to go to the family farm and cook with his mother and cousins' wives. This was undoubtedly the highlight of our trip to Indonesia. Not only did we have a scrumptious meal that we learned how to prepare but we had a much closer insight into Balinese village life than any other activity we did. And the teenagers were completely involved in the entire experience! Kadek's family are currently building a small cottage for visitor accommodation. This is set down in the jungle on their farm overlooking the rice fields. I look forward to returning to stay in that alluring setting. This is an entrepreneurial family who delight in sharing their time, country and culture with visitors. I totally recommend any opportunity to engage with them as your friends in Bali

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ruth w
Our family thank you for your willingness to be part of our family. It was our pleasure to have you all in our home for the Be Bali Day. Kadek and all of us wish you will be back soon to Bali to see and experience other part of Bali. Perhaps our farm stay would be finish by then.

Your Bali Friends, Kadek, Kadek and Family
Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Miss Out”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Based on reviews for drivers, I contacted Balifriend Tours a few months before my trip to Bali. Putu was prompt to respond to my e-mail (probably within 24 - 36 hours). I booked Balifriend for three non-consecutive days over my eleven day trip.

I had been to Bali before however this trip was like a brand new experience. When I met Putu on the first day I told him my interests and he designed the best trips and sights I could imagine.

Putu is extremely knowledgeable about Bali (the culture, religion, food (yum), history) and happy to share the knowledge. I found his English skills to be amazing making it so easy for me to ask hundreds of questions over the few days that we spent together. He answered each one with patience and a smile. Putu was relaxed and easy going. He was a great driver in a place that can feel chaotic. November is part of the rainy season and he had an umbrella for me to use.

He made recommendations for activities and places to eat those days that I was on my own. When I started feeling a little ill, he helped me navigate the apotek (pharmacy) so that I understood what was being recommended.

I only had two disappointments: One was not being aware of his amazing photographic talent before I went. Otherwise I would have taken advantage of this and booked a photo-shoot. The second was that I wasn't aware of the cooking class his family offered. This is how professional Putu is, when I told him that I had booked a cooking class he did not mention that his family offers this to try to persuade me to change my booking. It was only after the fact that I found out about his family compound and cooking class. Based on what I read in the brochure, what he explained to me, and what I have read on-line, I know I would have preferred this experience over the one I had.

I would recommend Balifriend to my family and friends and feel confident that they would have a truly amazing and unique trip.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Janiceri
Thank you for allowing me to show you Bali.It would a great honor for me to be given the chance to take photos of you on your next visit. Hope to see you again in a near future.

Your Bali Friend, Putu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tour guide of Bali and fantastic cookery experience”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We expend three days exploring Bali with Kadek. He was a pleasure to travel with, speaks very good english and is very knowledgeable of the island, its culture, religion, stories, food... I'm very curious and ask thousand's of questions, Kadek was very patient. He was always punctual and very respectful to our needs and desires. He adjusted the tour to what we wanted. We were never rushed or stressed - he's a fantastic driver!
And to finish the experience I went to their family compound for a cookery class with Kadek and his mother and father. He introduced me to his family, we collected all of our ingredients from the farm, even the fish, it was one of the highlights of my holiday and the food was amazing!!!
Their prices are very reasonable and very honest, nor hidden extras. I highly recommend them for the quality of the experience and their great service. Thanks Kadek!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marta B
balifriend, Owner at Balifriend Tour, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We glad that you enjoyed your time with Kadek and our family. Thank you for being part of our family in our Be Bali Day. We wish you can help us farm and cook again in the future :).

Best Regard
Putu , Kadek and family

Been to Balifriend Tour? Share your experiences!