“Exceeded all expectations - seminal Ubud experience ”
Review of Warung Saya

Warung Saya
Ranked #248 of 791 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indian, Indonesian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This beautiful one-man-show restaurant serves up delicious food in a unique setting. Restaurateur Amier has been catering to Ubud locals, expats and visitors since 2011. He first opened his small warung on Jalan Gootama and later moved to his larger space on Jalan Raya Andong. All dished are prepared from scratch by Amier himself in a traditional home cooking style.
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I love EVERYTHING about this place! Of course the heart and soul of the place is the flamboyant, creative, passionate host Amir, who as all previous reviews have pointed out, singlehandedly runs this quirky one-man operation.
Food is made with love, and you get to inhale the delicious food-fumes as he cooks up a storm! Talk about whetting the appetite!
The menu changes depending which night you come, and I'm pretty damn sure that every dish (including the ones I'm yet to try) are beyond delicious!
Yes it IS like eating in your flamboyant Indonesian uncle's home! The Mysore chicken is beyond words - that is to say, it's a taste sensation amongst the best things I've ever consumed!
I could come back night after night - that's how wonderful the food and vibe is. Even the music is great! (Only wish there was wifi coz I'm travelling on my own - but that said, it would almost seem incongruous!)
Positively the smallest restaurant I have ever (and probably will ever) eat at - this takes fresh, bespoke, personalized food experience to unprecedented places!
Amir - you're a treasure - I love how you don't suffer fools gladly, and I am supremely grateful for the experience of eating in your rabbit-warren!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Going back for the third time tonight, Warung Saya never disapoints! Amir is a charming host and has become a friend here in Ubud! The most tasteful and flavorful dishes, that will surprise you every time! As a vegetarian, Amir is always happy to offer a vegetarian option and he now knows what we like and cooks up our menu for us! It has been amazing and laid back every time!
Thank you Amir for a great dining experience, we will be missing your warung when we leave Ubud!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We are lucky enough to get table by last minute booking. The menu change every 2 days and each menu will come with Indian, Indonesia and Thai dish each. The Indonesian curry on Friday menu was great, can't resists the aroma. We even finish drinking the gravy. Only drawback is a lot of mosquitoes around.

1  Thank jp_jcem
Reviewed October 23, 2013

LIke all the other reviews have mentioned, it's pretty much a one man show at this restaurant. Do not come without making a reservation as the chef who is also the owner and cleaner has his hands full most nights for dinner because his food is ONE OF A KIND, magical and mouth watering!!! I guarantee you that wait to get a table on the reservation list is well well well worth it!! The personal and home made touch to all his recipes ( my personal fav is the My Sore chicken) is so unique that it definitely is the best meal i've had in Bali!! A MUST GO IN UBUD!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Warung Saya, lovely cute little place down a back street. Cooked fresh and had a tasty curry and thai noodle dish, amazing flavours. Would strongly recommend.