“Hidden gem !”

Warung Saya
Ranked #104 of 884 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indian, Indonesian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This beautiful one-man-show restaurant serves up delicious food in a unique setting. Restaurateur Amier has been catering to Ubud locals, expats and visitors since 2011. He first opened his small warung on Jalan Gootama and later moved to his larger space on Jalan Raya Andong. All dished are prepared from scratch by Amier himself in a traditional home cooking style.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

By far the best dinner we had in Bali. It is a one man show so yes: reserve in advance, take your time (it is slow!) and enjoy. The food is amazing - fusion of Thai and Indonesian. Dessert was out of this world. Such a great night. Small is beautiful!

2  Thank ML222

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Knowing Amier as a multi talented person especially as a designer since long time. So surprised and happy to know that I have chance to taste his special and delicious food ever! I love eat and mostly doing my culinary trip wherever I go. I had Gaeng Gari Chicken or people know better as Thai Green Curry, simply I can say it's delicious as I can compare the taste with the original one that I had in Thailand.
Will make sure to book in advance in near future so I can have chance again to chit chat while enjoying some great foods and the "enak" banana lassie. Thanks a lot, my bro Amier!!! xoxoxoxo

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've been attracted to this restaurant by the great reviews posted on this website but quite disapointed by our experience. True, the food is good but you have to wait a quite long time before getting it and you can easily find as good in Ubud. Service depends on the availability of the chef/owner/waiter who is also a big smoker and will therefore take care of you after a cigarette or two. We didn't care until he made us understand that it would be good if we left so he could have new customers. After all, business is business, even in Bali.

2  Thank Charles P
Reviewed June 26, 2013

You better book in advance as this lovely little place has only 3 tables. Despite its size the menu offers a good choice of different flavours.
As this is a "one man show" food takes a while to be served but waiting is absolutely worthwhile. Reserve the outside table and enjoy the experience.
Best food in town, best "dadar gulung" in Bali. Well done, Amir!
Antonella & Vasilis

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Wouldnt have spotted this place was even a restaurant without having read tripadvisor. We booked for the evening when passing during day. Only one other couple were there a bit before us so nice atmosphere. Food took about an hr to come but we expected that and were happy with our beers. All food was delicious and we had plenty plus dessert. Chef v chatty and overall a great and unique dinner!