“Awful.... ”
Review of Bisma Sari Resort

Bisma Sari Resort
Ranked #457 of 602 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Didn't expect that this is gonna be really bad. Read reviews from other travelers about how bad this hotel is and all of what is written is just with absolute truth.... From the moment we arrived, waited for our rooms to be ready, ants all over the bed, no towels set up in the bathroom that led us on asking them (3 times) before we finally got STAINED towels, dirty linens that we reckoned weren't changed or maybe they just don't know that bleach do exist, filthy bathroom with a clogged sink, no shower curtains that made us sit while showering, MUR service-just tidied our bed and took the garbage out, dried the bathroom floor and again, no towels..... We just don't complain cause we know for sure that it'll just be ignored so no sense of doing so....

The other thing that brought our attention was the owner.. Rude, irritating and absolutely unprofessional.

He was just busy doing business (tours, taxi ride) with guests over breakfast and grumping his staff to do this and do that with our presence rather than conducting a sincere renovation to the rooms and a good training to his staff. And on our last day, he was cross at us by us arranging our own transfer back to Kuta and disregarding his offer. When i was on my way down to the reception, he yelled at me "where's my key!?" I handed it over to him and zoomed to our hired car. And over breakfast "again", he asked us if what time are we leaving and we responded 10:00 and then he said "good!" Pissed are we!!!!

Breakfast- absolutely trashy, they just couldn't give us our runny fried eggs. 3 breakfasts until we showed them a photo of what we really wanted. Just bad.

Only redeeming about this place are the friendly staff-but seriously needs to go proper training and swimming pool.

We just can't wait to leave the place.

A piece of advise, just don't.......

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jez Ian D
bisma s, General Manager at Bisma Sari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear jezdee,

Warmest greeting from Bisma Sari resort

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers and in this case we were taking your advice into high consideration. I have noted your advice and immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and the gift (the review), because we think would not have been possible for us to get a success without your exceptional cooperation.

There are newer reviews for Bisma Sari Resort

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stuck in a prepaid Agoda nightmare we endured 4 nights of poor service and dirty rooms. From the moment we checked in everything was bad. From urine dried on the toilet seat, unchanged bed linen, begging the hotel staff for bath towels (4times in one day), faulty light fittings, wifi constantly dropping out, brown scat stains on the towels, hotel staff coming out of guest rooms buttoning up their fly and belt (doing one of 3 things in the room) hotel staff hassling guest for booking trips and taxis whilst eating breakfast, snoring sleeping staff members so loud that it could be heard from the balcony, breakfast that was consistently poor quality, unenthusiastic and poorly trained staff. We have stayed in many south East Asian hotels and are prepared for cross cultural confusion, and different ways of doing things, but there is not one redeeming feature about this place. Although there seems to be a lot of staff they do very little. This place needs a good chemical scrub and retraining of staff.Read the reviews from other travellers about the poor quality. One should not be happy in leaving a holiday hotel, but we were glad to pack our bags. Even though the manager has replied to other TA complaints the same issues are present.

Room Tip: Check bed linen before you get settled for the night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margo H

Dear Margo H,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a nice little budget hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The pool is lovely and well maintained.
Bathroom has a faint 'bad drain' smell, but this is often the case in Bali.
Breakfast was basic but adequate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
bisma s, General Manager at Bisma Sari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear DebPerth_WA,

Warmest Greetings from Bisma sari resort

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers, we are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Bali especially in Ubud area and your recommendation is highly appreciate it and I have noted your advice and immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future and let us work our magic to next schedule

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,

Gusti Suwantara

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff were really friendly during our stay and helped us to chose things to go and see.
The room was good size with great bathroom but it wasn't very clean and tidy.
A lot of noise from frogs (or something that sounded like loud ducks) during the night which made it a bit hard to sleep.
Breakfast was really confusing and not very tasty.
But good location, only a 5min to the main street.

Not sure if we would come back though..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GladerN

Dear GladerN,

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel and prepaid for a week. Otherwise, I would have checked out sooner. Linens on the bed are not clean and smell bad. I got bug bites in the room from fleas and mosquitos. Bathroom sink leaks and they only give me one big towel (no face towels and wash clothes). Breakfast is the same menu everyday and got tired after 3 days. In addition, new construction is going on across from my balcony and they can peak in my room. At the last, the internet connection in my room is very unstable. Do NOT expect three-star hotel treatment here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Thaiahh
bisma s, General Manager at Bisma Sari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Thaiahh,

Website : www.bismasariresort.com

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Me and my partner come to Ubud almost every month and we like to stay in Jalan Bisma. For now, we choose to stay in Bisma Sari, we've never been there before, my partner just checked the photos and it looks nice. We arrived in the late evening, rain and wet. We loved the traditional design on the lobby. When we entered the room, it's Ok for me. I love the mirror and bed design. Looks vintage and made from wood, which for me it's great. Then the things going wrong. I found a lot of spots on the white sheet on the bed, a lot of hairs, bathroom no curtain so we should having shower with sit. The worst, bathroom was leaking so it's always wet everyday, last day the hot water wasn't working. Room was being our nightmare. We do not like to complaint, we talked and shared nicely to the receptions and owner. We just want to enjoy our holiday, so this room thingy couldn't distract our getaway. Breakfast was Ok, well it's kinda weird because somehow they missed our order and served different thing everyday for us. First day 1 boiled egg for each of us, second day we asked the same and they served 2 boiled eggs. We asked pancake for 2, then they come only 1. It's funny but again, we just don't like to complaint :)

We just realized that we were coming on the holiday season, so it's a bit difficult to get rent car. The one that we got from hotel wasn't working, so we canceled the car.

6 days is not a short getaway for us, and you can imagine everyday toilet was sinking and leaking, bed sheet always not 100 percent cleaned when we asked to make up room. Plus Ubud was raining most the time, we got sunshine on last 2 days.

We are not sure we will coming back, it should be upgraded to better facilities. However we love the people, they are so nice and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ritzcan
123456789297701, General Manager at Bisma Sari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear ritzcan,

Warmest greeting from Bisma Sari resort

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers and we were taking your advice into high consideration. I have noted your advice and immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and the gift (the review), because we think would not have been possible for us to get a success without your exceptional cooperation and always we need a lot of advice from all of our guest during their stay with us, So we know what they need because our team on hand will be more than happy to assist all of our guests.

Website : www.bismasariresort.com

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The first room they gave me had an ant infestation in the bathroom, the staff sprayed them, but I had to ask twice to clean up the dead bodies. When I got back late that evening I found the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest and there were fleas in the bed. Luckily I had a sleep sheet so I slept in that on the first night. I should have checked out early and vine elsewhere, but the staff was so apologetic, I just changed rooms. The pillows smelled so horrible due ti the dampness that was pervasive. When I asked for new pillow I got only
only new pillow cases. I came back one afternoon to find the door of my room ajar. The bathroom shower is either hot or cold, and only very rarely can the faucet mix the two for a reasonable temperature. The steps on the pool are slimy with algae. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Baskaat
123456789297701, General Manager at Bisma Sari Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Baskaat,

Warmest greeting from Bisma sari Resort

we were taking your comments into high consideration. I have noted your comments nd immediately shared with all the team for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.