“Lovely food and company....”
Review of Bali Vegan Warung

Bali Vegan Warung
Ranked #595 of 731 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: It's the only Vegan restaurant in the Ubud City Centre
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and company....”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I loved the food here. Eko, the woman who owns it is warm, inviting and lovely. We talked for ages about meditation, health, Buddhism, the world and lots more! The food is lovely. Some dishes are simple, some more complex - all very tasty and full of flavour. I ate here daily for a while. They also have chocolate pancakes which are delicious. I was able to read some spiritual books and magazines whilst I was there which Eko offers for free. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this place. Very reasonable in pricing too.

• Visited February 2013

Australia
“Fantastic restaurant - try the sate skewers”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great vegan restaurant, with friendly staff. The owner was really friendly and came to talk with us. Good prices, and a great menu range, and the sate skewers were so addictive I couldn't stop eating them! I wish I'd found the place earlier.
Note: they don't serve soft drinks, you'll need to go to the mini-mart across the street if you fancy a coke with your meal.

• Visited February 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Veggies place :)”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spent 5 days in Ubud and 4 dinners I had in this little, friendly restaurant.
Yummy balinese food and made from 100% vegan friendly ingredients, also organic. Owner is a lady who is into meditation and she believes that eating good food without animal killing is a way to harmony in our body. She is vegan for long time herself, so I was not worried at all to have my meals here ( many places still use animal products in vegetarian and vegan food as we know).
Had the best vegan skewers with home made peanut sauce and very good vegan fish with garlic & Balinese spices. Try basil, mint & fruit juice - so refreshing.
And it's very cheap too. Main courses from 15000 IDR.

• Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
“vegi-rific”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Vegan Warung is inexpensive, simple, fresh, delicious food in a simple and clean environment, with friendly staff.

My wife and I really enjoyed the food and it gave us the chance to eat as close to traditional balinese food as we could whilst knowing it was free of animal products. A lot of the rice used is brown rice so that ticks another box in the healthy section. The vegetables were crisp and fresh.

Having watched all the little food stalls making traditional chicken sate's I Loved the fact we could have vegan sate's, and they were delicious.

I have eaten at the Vegan Warung a couple of times on this trip so far and I have always walked away feeling satisified.

• Visited November 2012
Makassar, Indonesia
“Small portions, nothing special and overpriced for what it is”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Didn't come away feeling satisfied. Food was fine but nothing special and quite bland. Portions very small. We felt that although not expensive, it was overpriced for what it was when compared to other eateries in the area which offer fantastic veggie and vegan food...

Been to Bali Vegan Warung? Share your experiences!