“My home, my family” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 512 Ubud B&B and Inns
Caldes de Montbui, Spain
“My home, my family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I did an internship in Ubud during 3 months so when I arrived I started looking for accomodation and I checked thousands of homestays around the main area:

I saw a lot of dirty places and over-rated rooms but when I found out Gerhana Sari 2 I knew that this was going to be my place.

I needed something not so expensive, with good location because I don't drive any motorbike, with breakfast included and the most important requirements were: somewhere clean, a nice atmosphere and a safe room to leave all my stuff for long term.

I had a good vibration from the beginning when talking with the owners so we made an agreement and I spent the 3 months there.
I'm really happy with my decision because I felt like it was my home and they were like my family. Finally another Dutch girl lived for a long period as well.

- It's a tranquil and a green spot in the middle of Jalan Monkey Forest
-This place is reliable and I never missed any belonging in 3 months
-They cleaned my room every day so it was always a pleasure coming back home and see everything ready
- The whole family are lovely and they prepare and organize everything by themselves

Will come back soon to visit them!

Room Tip: There are 3 type of rooms, I stayed in the one with fan and modern forniture.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank ClaraUluwatu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel due to high ratings on the booking site and I was so pleased we did.

The hotel has 6 bedrooms. 4 in one block some of which have a/c, some have a fan. Then 2 older style bungalows with fans. The style of room is reflected in the price.

We happened to pay the budget option and although you could tell the room was a bit dated it was extremely comfortable and I had an excellent nights sleep. It is worth keeping in mind that while we were there the furniture and mattresses in the older rooms were being replaced so I imagine they will be even better now.

The hotel is set in amongst a lovely, well maintained garden but what really got me was the staff. They were wonderful. We spoke to three members of staff and each of them were equally welcoming, friendly and genuinely helpful. We arrived late afternoon and were provided with hot water for tea and coffee and shown where everything was. We decided we wanted to do a cookery class the next day and the staff happily arranged it for us.

We have been travelling for one year and the staff and accommodation at Gerhani are easily in my top five!

My only regret is that we only stayed for one night. I got my wires crossed and thought there was no room when there was ;-( that will teach me to rely on booking sites rather than clarify with the hotel itself!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TravellerS1703
Joure
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. It has 4 new appartements and 2 older ones. Very clean, very convenient. Great staf, verf hospital and friendly. Nice view on some ricefields. Nice small garden, it is situaded back behind from Bush Jalan Monkey forest. We stayed in a new appartement. Great value for money.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Egbert65
Penguin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent two nights here and were positively blown over by the quality and unusual nature of our experience. We've been staying in a $150/night resort in Sanur, which is lovely, so when we saw the Gerhana Sari 2 with its 9.5-plus rating, and only costing $24 per night (no a/c), we thought, "Can't be true!" We took a shot anyway and. . . it's perfect for what it is, which is a small, family-run, quiet, and peaceful collection of 6 small bungalows off of busy Monkey Forest Road in Ubud. Our room featured a private front porch with comfortable lounge, at which our home-cooked breakfast was served promptly in the morning. (The staff always knew somehow when we arose in the morning, and quietly visited us to collect our breakfast order.) The bathroom facilities were very simple but private, and one of the unexpected delights was a lovely outdoors shower--it was so liberating to shower in an open space!

When we arrived, Wisnu, the owner's son, greeted us personally and by name--always a lovely touch. Wisnu generously shared his local knowledge of local attractions and, at the end of our stay, booked us a reliable taxi driver for our return to Sanur--while we ate luxuriously at the nearby Three Monkeys Café.

No A/C proved to be no problem! Ubud is quite cool at night, so we always took a pre-bedtime shower and bunked down under a gently turning ceiling fan. . . Lovely! We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you want to see the rice fields, ask for one of the air conditioned rooms upstairs. The rice fie...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marji1
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Gerhana Sari (Monkey Forest Road Ubud) is a small bungalow that provides excellent service.
I stayed here for 5 days to visit and stay in Ubud. And nearby.
I am impressed with the services of a good owner. The great care throughout the stay. He waited for the needs of the guests and helping impressive. Provide guidance on recommended attractions guide and is also engaged to help bring supermarkets.
Because the plug of my notebook. Not to plug the property. Had to use a adapter (converter) I thank you for the excellent service again.
This guesthouse is a haven of rest for the holidays truly. Since the facility is located in the old town (Ubud) Monkey Forest Road where the property is a good sized bungalow. Away from the road, about 20 to 30 meters, the internal quiet. Free from outside noise. The rooms are decorated in a tropical garden with Balinese Balinese architecture around it. The pool is clean. With views. Balinese rice fields green. This cool so it does not require air conditioning. If you stay on a Friday or Saturday night you can hear the music of the Balinese theater away a soft voice. To feel the true Bali. In the morning, the owner will welcome you with AFB bungalow with Balinese coffee taste good, I do not usually drink coffee, but I love this coffee in Bali.
If you stay in Ubud will be close to many famous attractions. You can find inexpensive taxis. You may seek the advice of a bungalow on a good price and a driver as well.
Ubud has many sights like the theater of the palace, and another two are located close to it. Marketing and sales of souvenirs. Not far from the theater of the old palace. But the price is quite high, you may need to negotiate one-half or more.
For travel to the monastery. Which is the most that You will need a local outfit called sarum sarong or you can buy it from souvenir shops in front of the bungalow. The owner of the guesthouse itself. You will be affordable If you go shopping in tourist locations. You may have to pay more than 2-3 times.
There is a souvenir shop, Monkey Forest Road, but many stores sell inexpensive. You still have to choose to see it. If you want to call home. You can buy a local SIM card that could save you money as well.
Dishes that taste delicious and affordable, and you should have tasted the Monte Rosa with beef, pork, chicken and goat meat sauce, grilled and eaten with rice and soup taste very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Littlejoe72
Port Douglas, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My sister and I met in Bali, she came from Holland. I came from Australia.
We stayed for a week in Sari 2 and enjoyed it very much.
Though we were in the heart of Ubud, it was a cool, quiet place, the rooms new, very clean, good bathroom , simple, comfortable and everything in excellent taste.
Our host was always willing yo tell us about Bali and their way of living, he is an illustrator and we had the privilege to seeing his work and his wife made us a lovely breakfast every morning.
There was always hot water to make coffee or tea.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family