“Clean, tranquil and great schnitzel!”
Review of House of Schnitzel

House of Schnitzel
Ranked #73 of 772 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: European, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a small eclectic menu featuring western cuisine using only fresh local seasonal produce. Our open kitchen is designed and maintained to international standards so you can always be assured of clean fresh food and drinks. Enjoy village views and breezes away from the street from the open air top floor. Warung Schnitzel is located in the centre of Ubud just 20m from Jalan Raya Ubud.
Sydney, Australia
“Clean, tranquil and great schnitzel!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Discovered Warung Schnitzel after walking off one of the main roads in Ubud and I am glad I did! The location was fantastic offering excellent ambiance. The restaurant was very clean and the friendly staff provided excellent service.

My girlfriend took the healthy option which was a grilled chicken with pesto. I had a mouthwatering schnitzel with a few different sauces which was very tasty. We were both very satisfied with our meals. I definitely would return in the future!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“"A Refreshing Surprise"”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Having just returned from Bali I feel compelled to write a review on "Warung Schnitzel" in Ubud. Having discovered this delightful open, clean, friendly restaurant with loads of ambience, decided this was the place for us. We ate there 20+ times - why would you go anywhere else? The young Balinese staff had clearly been well trained and added to the friendly atmosphere. Service was prompt and pleasant. The main menu and the daily specials gave a wide range of choice. All dishes were served attractively leading us to believe that the chef had been professionally trained. It was hard to believe that this quality of food could be offered for such a reasonable price - excellent value. Just a 'foot note' - they must have the cleanest, and dare I say, the most attractive toilet facility in Ubud! Important for us westerners!!!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“HEALTHY SIMPLICITY!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Healthy Simplicity! That's how I, as a daily Customer of this unique restaurant believes it should be recognized as. Worldwide. In a busy City such as Ubud, where un-sanitary conditions, greasy kitchens & options which are few & far between for a natural & healthy eating lifestyle, it offers fresh alternatives. Combined with flavourful palette tantalizing dishes, you will undoubtedly be ordering seconds!

The menu is diverse, creative & oh so delicious! For someone like me, who cannot digest much of the food every where else, I am thankful I can dine in a place where I am getting the best of both worlds. As well, affordable prices allow for one of her specially designed deserts, my favourite is the apple cinnamon pudding. Mmmm good! If you are on a small budget, want to eat well & more importantly, safely in how the food is prepared, this is the place to go.

It's Owner, insists on fresh product only, which she purchases each morning herself. She educates her Staff on the do's & don'ts of hygiene, food prep, customer relations & much more. She believes very much in creating something with the intention of providing a healthier lifestyle, in all of its forms. She & her Staff always carry a smile on their face.

The atmosphere is warm, welcoming & quiet. It offers fast, free, Wi-Fi service. Great music. It is open late & easily accessible, as Ubud can be a confusing maze of unmarked streets.
The furniture style is sweet & simple & most of all, comfortable. It provides lots & lots of shade. Believe me when I say you will be happy it does, as the humidity levels can be quite exhausting.

I look forward to coming in everyday & having the opportunity to listen & discuss her inspirational secrets on how she makes it work. Effortlessly, in a place where a lack of cleanliness, language barriers & a lack of knowledge on how the Balinese People can create healthier lifestyles for themselves is common place.

I whole heartedly recommend this Restaurant as the top eatery in Ubud. Take a walk or drive anywhere in this City & discover for yourself why it is so important to take note of the challenges she has overcome to be able to provide a better choice to eat.

Lily Rose Veriachi

Singapore, Singapore
“Good food, excellent service, friendly staff, great atmosphere & fond memories”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Found this place by mistake after our driver dropped us off here instead of the #1 restaurant in Ubud. Went in after strong recommendations from another incoming customer & headed up to the top floor. Ordered our food and drinks with the extra friendly staff. Then came the surprise appetizer - tempura spinach. Cleaned the plate after my expecting wife had to stay away from fried stuff. Yummy! Main dish was delicious. My wife was so happy to be able to speak Tagalog with Mara after I had used Bahasa almost the entire trip. We will definitely return again. Thanks Mara!

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Schnitzel Fusion Confusion Delusion”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Another eatery highly rated by trip advisor that doesn’t live up to its reviews. Someone has taken classic flavors and destroyed them with the latest trend of confusing taste buds by the fusion of Asian and Western cuisine.

Small eateries should concentrate on preparing good wholesome food at a good price instead of trying to compete with the fusion food experts who are highly trained, and experienced enough to dabble in combining taste sensations from different parts of the world.

In my view, Warung Schnitzel should get back to basics and leave fusion food to the likes of Mosaic.

1 Thank luffytre
WarungSchnitzel, Owner at House of Schnitzel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the taste of the food but of course it is not possible to please everybody all the time. We did not receive a complaint from you so we were not able to address your concerns directly. To any travellers reading this review, when you do come to Warung Schnitzel and have any concerns then please let us know and we will be sure to address them on the spot.