I booked this place before I went to Bali as I was really impressed by the photos and how pretty the grounds looked. I received a confirmation email from Nick's Pension directly thanking me for booking and telling me they had reserved me a double room with a four poster bed and mosquito net. When I arrived I was given a twin room (two single beds), the room smelt and felt of damp and the sheets had stains on them and continued to do so even when changed. I asked if I could have a double room as requested and they told me they didn't have one available. I had a lot planned so I just thought I would make do with room and enjoy my time in Ubud. The day before I was due to check out I asked to extend my stay and they said the only room they had available was three times as much as I was already paying. I decided to check out and go somewhere else, I then complained to the Manager about the state of the room and the fact it was not what I had booked, he then said I could move to a double room for two nights for no extra charge than that which I was initially quoted. The room I moved to was lovely, very basic but clean, airy and had a good bed. When I checked out I found out I had been charged for all nights, when I asked why I had not been given a discount as promised I was told that was the discount and the room I had been in last costs more than the first room ... even though it was the room I had originally booked! Totally overpriced and unorganised, I spent the best part of a day trying to sort out my room situation, didn't get time to enjoy the surroundings and was very unhappy with my stay when I left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are entering a place of beauty, peace and comfort. Ubud, the centre of art and culture of Bali welcomes you, and for complete experience we invite you come to Nick's Pension. A great deal in the middle of Ubud Just off Monkey Forest Road in Ubud. Around 10 minutes walk to Ubud Center / Market. Approximately one hours drive from Bali International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nick's Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nick`s Pension Hotel Ubud
- Nick's Pension Ubud, Bali