$334
$149
$373
$201
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

$172
$109
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$236
Priceline
$713
$671
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $799/night.

$559
$486
Cancelon
All reviewsterracotta restaurantrice fieldsterra cottaboutique hotelinfinity poolevery hourbeautiful bathroomgreat poolthe hotel managershuttle serviceminute driveincluded breakfastdowntown ubudkenangabungalowbalitaxi
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for four days in July after 3 days in Seminyak. It is a beautiful hotel - they have managed to create an oasis amongst the hustle and bustle that is Ubud and Bali in general. Even though it is located on a rather busy street, you go down a little driveway to find the hotel with its beautiful pool and restaurant overlooking lush rice paddies. I particularly liked the view of the pool at night time (see photo).

The breakfasts (included) were yummy and plentiful. Originally when we were told that it wasn't a buffet and that we had to order a la carte, I thought we wouldn't get much, but that wasn't the case at all. We always had a fresh fruit juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, muesli or cornflakes with fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, followed by a basket with bakers selection (toast, croissant, chocolate croissant), strawberry pancakes followed by a hot meal (choice of eggs with bacon or sausage or a local meal).

The staff were always friendly and greeted us with a nice smile. The rooms were nicely decorated and large. However I felt they could have been improved a little through better lighting - there was nice mood lighting, but there wasn't good lighting for reading or searching for something in your suitcase (which I had to do on several occasions).

I booked directly through the hotel's website after reading very positive reviews on tripadvisor. I found their booking system misleading. I wanted to book a room for 2 adults and one 11 year old child. I put in those details and selected the bed configuration of a double and a single/sofa bed in the booking system (I couldn't use a normal room for that - we had to upgrade to a bungalow). The booking system told me that it would cost me US$992 over 4 nights. The next day I got an email from the hotel saying that the extra child would cost US$25 a night for the bed and breakfast. I couldn't believe that, because I had entered all those details into the booking system, so they shouldn't have charged me extra. I told them that and they said that on this occasion they would wave the extra charge for our son. However, when I got the bill, the charge was still on there. They did take it off eventually, but I felt they really needed to fix their booking system.

I also didn't feel that they were very child friendly. Afternoon tea was included, but only tea and coffee with the sweets. Hot chocolate incurred an extra charge. As the hot chocolate wasn't very nice anyway and I got a bit sick of the banana fritters (I don't like greasy food) - we skipped afternoon tea on the last day. And even though 3 people were staying in the room, there were only ever 2 cups, 2 glasses, 2 water bottles, 2 armchairs outside and a single chair at the desk inside. So the seating arrangements could have definitely been improved. There was nowhere for the 3 of us to sit in the room (we would have liked to have played a card game) other than on the beds. The Wifi was also very slow to the point that it timed out on many occasions (maybe this is normal for Bali?). The hotel is probably more geared towards couples than families.

The pool was also very nice - particularly with the view over the rice paddies. However, the water was a little cooler than we would have liked. It never really got hot enough for me to feel like we need to jump into the pool, but I did go once. My son was in there more often.

There was also a little bit of mouldy smell to the room (which you could only really notice when you first walked in).

Overall I do think it is a beautiful hotel with lots of great features, although it is a little pricey and there is some room for improvement.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KarinOrle
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here in July, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are great - large with a great bathroom, we had lovely views over the paddy fields.

Breakfast was great, good range of foods and it was all cooked fresh.

There was some confusion over charging us for the bus collecting us from the centre of Ubud and they happily waived the charge.

It is out of the centre of Ubud but the 30 minute walk is nice.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We will be visiting again. The pool and our room had the most amazing view of the rice terraces and the smiling faces of the farmers that worked within them. We gazed out to the distance for hours on end. Very relaxing. Quiet and tranquil. Nice place for couples. The service was perfect. Haven't experienced such personalized attention like this before. Felt very well looked after.

Room Tip: They even delivered a scooter for us to use. Nothing was a problem. Rooms on the front overlooking the rice terraces were beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at Christmas and over New Year. We had a wonderful time. Such a beautiful place and so idyllic and peaceful. Great food, great staff and service - can't fault. I would definitely recommend you stay here. Out of the noise in ubud, but close enough to be in town in a matter of minutes. Faultless.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Its near the village center of ubud but the hotel provides free transfers. Just amazing few days , staff and the rooms are great.. Enjoy the pool and the rice farm just in front of you!!!
It was a lovely experience

• Stayed: June 2014