“Oasis in the rice paddies”

Wapa di Ume Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Oasis in the rice paddies”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We recently had 6 nights at Wapa Di Ume & loved it. What a stunning location close to Ubud but far enough away to enjoy the peace & beauty of the rice paddies. The service in all areas of the resort was exceptional. The food was lovely, our room - perfect. We loved the afternoon tea high up above the restaurant. My only critique was the building noise accross the river... but that's probably unavoidable & not too intrusive. The burning off of their rubbish could have been avoided & caused nasty smoke at the pool side now & then. We tried the yoga & while the teacher was sweet & well intentioned I'm not sure it would have been too safe practice for inexperience Yogini's? But they are small matters in an otherwise perfect Ubud escape. We'll be back - hopefully soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

lovely atmosphere. Good place for rest after doing the sights in ubud. Restaurant was pricey for food. Drinks where well priced. Had full gluten free menu which was awesome for breakfast.

Lovely area. Good free events run by them. Great view

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. lovely atmosphere.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I went to visited this resort with my friend, which I had a chance to experience Bail the first time in my life. One word that I need to say is "It is amazing" because of the relaxation atmosphere. The outstanding thing for this resort is the service. I enjoy the breakfast there so much and the staffs are so friendly. Thing that I really enjoy is Mie Goreng, it is the best Mie Goreng in Bail! Moreover, there is cooking class and yoga class too. I am glad that I made a decision to stay in this resort. No comment, just it is amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nuntipark
chicago
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in the 2 bedroom villa with private pool. The resort is very nice and the private pool so refreshing after a day of touring. The service was outstanding and the room was very clean. I thought our breakfast was the best on our trip and they even provided wonderful gluten free bread.

The villa concept is a little different as the 2 rooms are connected by an outdoor stairs. I think if I had small children I would have not been comfortable having them sleep in a room on their own. The outdoor bathroom concept, which is so popular in Bali, did freak my adult daughter out when we open the door and a frog greeted us. I gave her the upstairs king bedroom with the enclosed bathroom and my husband and I took the 2 queen beds on the first floor. After freeing the frog I did not see any other visitors to our bathroom which was extremely nice with a huge shower and very deep tub.

Our villa looked out over the rice paddies which was so peaceful and beautiful. I had read reports of the noise level at the hotel since they are building next doors. I can see that this would be a disappointment if you had one of the rooms by the pool/spa which is where they are building. The 2 bedroom villa is nearer to the front office so noise was not an issue. I never heard any road noise.

I'm glad we were a short distance outside of town (5min). The traffic in town can get old and I enjoyed seeing nature right outside my door. The only area they could improve is to offer shuttle service every 30 min instead of every hour. Although the general manager personally drove us into town one night when we missed the shuttle. He would not accept any money. As I said, the service was outstanding. The hotel also offered a free massage which my husband said was very nice.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again if I return to Bali.

Room Tip: I would not stay near the pool/spa until the building is completed next door. Stay in the villas wit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Albury, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Wow! Everything about this hotel is absolutely breathtaking. The oasis, split-level pool, the hot oasis jacuuzi, clean rooms, delicious breakfast, metre deep bath tubs! The only problem is that the Spa which is part of the resort is quite expensive in comparison to other spa's provided in Ubud. We travelled in a group of 4 girls all around the age of 20 & it was our 'detox' from a week in Kuta before we went back to Seminyak. it was great. However, there are no TV's either, but that wasn't a problem. Make sure you bring plenty of insect repellent as the mosquito's from the rice paddy's definitely bite!

Room Tip: We had a Rice Terrace Villa & it was lovely. We went in the quiet season, so there was absolutel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went there with my family to have a night experience in Ubud during weekend and It was just great! Wapa Di Ume is surrounded by the relaxing and beautiful view of paddy field. Its very well situated in the heart of Ubud, shuttle bus from the hotel to central Ubud is provided every hour. This resort is perfect if you are seeking for a private, quiet holiday experience. Not to forget its friendly staffs that are always ready and happy to assist you with anything that you need. We got a lot of good recommendation of local restaurants and attractions. Moreover, We also got the opportunity to try the Yoga class which was amazing as we were trained by a professional. Rooms are very very clean and well designed. Overall, Wapa Di Ume is very highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Winda H
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The most peaceful place in bali, very nice experience be able to doing yoga with rice field view and river view. the staff was really nice. Gede and Sena was very help full with taking care our stay for 3 days, it was clean room and comfortable

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple