Des Munut Cottages was a lovely little place situated just outside of the centre of Ubud. I had read reviews stating that it was a bit too far from the centre of Ubud, but I did not find this to be the case. If anything the walk to Ubud was very pleasant and the hotel itself was well positioned for visits to the nearby villages of Campuan and Penestanan, which are both charming and have some great little shops and warungs (small restaurants). I would say though that as nice as the walk to and from the hotel may be, it would be difficult for those not in good health or potentially with small children. For everyone else it's great!
As for the hotel, it is set in lush tropical gardens that are well kept by their very attentive gardener. It's very tranquil and the pool, whilst small, is very quaint and certainly good for a nice dip! The staff at the hotel were very friendly, happy to help us book trips and drivers for us.
The breakfast was simple but tasty. Their scrambled eggs were cracking (mind the pun)!
All in all, a lovely little hotel for a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Munut Balinese resort was established on 1970 and formerly known as Munut Bungalows, then turned back into one of cottages in Ubud under De Munut Cottages. Now they are advancing themselves into De Munut Balinese Resort, a unique resort serving Balinese impression to their guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Munut Balinese Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Munut Cottages Hotel Ubud
- De Munut Balinese Resort Ubud, Bali