My friend and I stayed here in December, 2013. It was lush and felt very tranquil. The rooms were large for two people and included an electric hot water kettle (made me very happy) and a mini fridge along with sufficient counter desk space for two people, plenty of closet clothes organizing space too. I loved the bathrooms. They were outdoor indoor masterpieces in my opinion. I want to live somewhere in which my bathroom can permanently be outdoor/indoor. You do need to keep the bathroom door closed though from the bedroom/living area unless you want to let insects, and amphibians in. Our first room overlooked the rear pool and was extraordinary for the price I thought. Our second room didn't overlook a pool but was very nice for the one night that we were in it. Personally I would request a ground floor room facing a pool. To me it made a difference. I encourage you to get a massage here too. They are very affordable and I had one every day. The breakfast that was included lacked sufficient variety in my opinion, but was very very good. The fruit smoothies and sliced fresh fruit were delicious!!! I also thought the location was perfect it was outside of downtown Ubid but downtown was accessible on foot or by taxi from the resort. Resort also makes it seem very large and expansive which it is not. It is more like a boutique hotel to me. I would say if something could be improved upon it would be the genuine friendliness of the front desk staff. They seemed just a little chilly to me. I would highly recommend that you stay here though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Munut Balinese resort was established on 1970 and formerly known as Munut Bungalows, then turned back into one of cottages in Ubud under De Munut Cottages. Now they are advancing themselves into De Munut Balinese Resort, a unique resort serving Balinese impression to their guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your De Munut Balinese Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Munut Cottages Hotel Ubud
- De Munut Balinese Resort Ubud, Bali