“Überwältigt!/ excellent”

De Munut Balinese Resort
Ranked #108 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I came from the gilis Island to ubud. First of all: Take a taxi, its a hard and a laborious way with a bag/suitcase. It is a wonderful resort, the service very lovely and the hotel complex is just beautiful. The standartroom with a small balcony is a large room with a big king size bed. The badroom... I thought I was dreaming.. It's a lovely shower with shower, a bathtub, clean toilett. I definitly would come again and recommend it to EVERYONE!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Cecileaimee

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very clean and tidy rooms with fab outdoor bathroom. Breakfast was hit and miss and for the $4 you would save quite often we'd take a walk to Kue or Kopi Desta and have breakfast there. Majority of staff very helpful (again breakfast staff hit and miss depending on their mood!). Walking up the hill got very tiring particularly if you're doing it 2-3 times a day and quite dangerous at night but only 1km to main drag in Ubud. Fabulous walks in rice paddy about 10 minutes from hotel. Had a couple of nice massages at reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

De Munut Balinese Resort is an excellent choice. We stayed for 5 days. It is close to Monkey Forest and to main rd of UBUD. It is very restful and the staff are welcoming and friendly. Rooms are good and there are two pools to enjoy. Easy check in and check out also arranged airport pick up and drop off which made things very easy. The price of the hotel is very good will stay again and recommend to all. After travelling around during the day it was good to sit outside our room in comfortable chairs and just chill.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. No noise at all at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Yesterday I returned to Australia after spending 9 nights at the De Munut Balinese Resort. I've been to Bali ten times over the past 8 years and have stayed at about 20 different resorts there.

This is what I experienced: Easy check-in and out. Friendly, and genuine plus prompt service. Everything was ready and waiting as per our pre-check-in arrangements. I was picked up from the airport on time and the driver was very professional and friendly. I also utilised another driver connected to the hotel who was also exceptional. Everyone was easy to understand and their English was pretty good. They organised the rental of a scooter and it was sitting waiting upon my arrival.

The breakfasts were lovely - not a huge range, but certainly well sufficient for me and I looked forward to the banana pancakes, although the omelets and scrambled eggs were also good. My breakfast was mostly made up of a plate sized banana pancake, French Toast (with honey) and either a mixed plate of fruit of a freshly juiced mixed juice. I must admit that I love the Bali coffee and at this resort I found that they changed the coffee regularly so that you had minimal coffee sludge accumulating at the bottom of the cup.

I loved my room - it was spacious, clean with a good sized front balcony and a lovely outdoor bathroom complete with a truly outdoor shower. Hot water was really quick and steady. The bed was king size and for me, very comfortable. There were mouisquito netting on the bed, but I did not need these.

The grounds were immaculate and kept in an old fashioned Balinese manner complete with water features and statues everywhere. There were two swimming pools which were clean and inviting.

I had a very good foot massage and customers told me that they had enjoyed hot stone massages and Balinese massage treatments.

The location was excellent for me - just a short way into Ubud. There were 6 good restaurants within a 30 second walk. Plus an excellent beauty salon just around the corner. It was pretty quiet - the noisiest part was late afternoon when the very large birds (macaws etc) at a museum across the road would become excited before they went to bed.

I was made to feel special - not just a number. I've stayed in many resorts where a blank face greets you, the staff here were different and responded enormously to a simple smile. I thank them for their kindness and assistance.

Room Tip: There are new rooms at the back which apparently are amazing and just a little more than the room I...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great rooms, polite staff. lovely pools. We stayed for 3 night in De Munut Bungalow and loved every minute. Being situated away from the centre of Ubud was great, just a short walk to Monkey Forest Rd and some great restaurants. Kardika the driver who works from de Munut is fantastic as well, if you want to go on tour any where around Bali i recommend using him. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WanderingFeet_Claire
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed in De Munut in May 2012, and simply loved it. I enjoyed relaxing by the pool, the nice and well looked after garden. The staff was very nice, friendly and efficient. A great place to stay, close enough to the center of Ubud so that you can walk there, and far enough so that you can be in a nice garden, even enjoy the view on a little rice paddy, and relax in a quiet place. The massages were very nice as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Yasmin S
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Beautiful room and grounds and fantastic value for money. Bathrooms felt very luxurious with their part outdoors plan, but remaining completely private. I loved showering whilst listening to the sounds of the wildlife around us.
Staff very friendly and situated a small walk or very cheap taxi ride to the main street. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends