Honeymoon Guesthouses
Gayatri(Ubud)
Good 3.5/5
    • Pool
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewscasa lunacooking schoolcooking classfragrant ricesawah roomindus restaurantmosquito netjalan bismanasi campurrama roomair consmoked ducktraditional balinese styleyoga classesfour postermassage roomguest house
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have stayed here the last new years eve. It was perfect for us. Quiet, clean, frendly, lovely. Really impressive garden. Delicios foods, and lovely pool.
    I want to live here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed in the Honeymoon Guesthouses last year and enjoyed my stay so much I have recommended it to friends...two of whom are there now!
    I found most of the rooms very spacious,quiet and comfortable (I stayed in 4 different ones because of heavy bookings) with amazing bathrooms.
    They are very conveniently located to the main part of Ubud.
    Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
    Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Honeymoon Guest House the last time we stayed in the room Rama this time we stayed in the Bisma for 12 days.
    The Bisma is a lovely big room with a private veranda with it's own day bed we love the traditional style . This room does not have views but the surrounding garden is very pleasant .
    We like the convenience of the Honeymoon you can easily walk to town.
    We were at the Honeymoon during Nepyi day and they supplied lunch and dinner at no extra charge.
    The staff are all very friendly and helpful and for a mid price Guest House I think it is good value.
    We just had a few niggles :-
    The light in the bathroom was poor.
    The coffee wasn't good.
    Could do with a safety box in the room.
    Breakfast :- the toast wasn't really toast .
    I would defiantly stay again and maybe they can work on the niggles .

We tried the Spa across the road Lily this was good and very reasonable also the one a few doors away and sorry I can't remember the name this was also good especially the hairdressers.

Room Tip: The Bisma is a lovely big room
    • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed April 12, 2012

As a first-time single traveller, the name of the Honeymoon Guesthouse initially put me off, but at the recommendation of a friend I 'googled' and found out it wasn't what I thought. When I arrived, I found other single travellers, older couples, younger families and a tour group also staying there. Many were repeat customers and most were friendly and prepared to share travel tips over the fantastic breakfast that was on offer every morning.
    Many of the criticisms of the Guesthouse found on this site may be warranted, but this is Bali & I never expected (or wanted) huge panels of pristine glass, skylights or high gloss tiles that anonymous hotel rooms across the globe can offer. I think people forget that this is a Guesthouse afterall! What I loved most was the Balinese gardens, the tranquil swimming pool, the carved wooden doors, & the very comfortable four-poster bed complete with its mosquito net. The location was handy & I was able to walk right around Ubud from the Guesthouse. I visited the two day spas situated just meters from the gate. I also found the best driver just outside & now I'm reliving the whole wonderful experience by reading Janet du Neefe's gorgeous cookbook (owner of the Guesthouses).
    Above all, I loved waking up each morning to find women placing their offerings in the gateways and all around the gardens, moving their hands gracefully through the smoke of their incense sticks & silently reciting their prayers for the new day... The whole experience helped me take a deep breath.
    I really look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: April 2012
    2  Thank Catherine J
    Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at the Honey Moon guest house for 4 nights at the end of a two week stay in Ubud on reflection I should have stayed their first as I felt a little let down. I can’t really pin point it. But after where I first stayed which as so very magical that I felt Honey Moon Guest house is expensive for what it offers and in need of a little tender loving care.
    The design of the building is just magnificent and certainly took my breath away. As was the layout of the design which such lovely gardens and furniture. It is also in a most convenient spot to spend your time in Ubud with easy safe access to all the local cafes and shopping areas.

My disappoint was really with my room. It was clean and tidy and pretty. However the toilet was not flushing well and took quite a while to work out. I also felt a little annoyed as I had to share my Balcony with another couple. When the room is cleaned it is only a basic clean. No token shampoos to be found here for the price or extras in the room. Not even daily fresh flowers. The staff where friendly enough but I found some just sat around talking a lot. The shower need a good scrub. Ask for a room with a ceiling fan I did not have one only an air-conditioner that worked at a poor level.

Sitting opposite the entrance are at least 5 regular people desperate for you to employ them as a driver. Which was okay but some mornings you felt oh no not again.

The breakfast was a special bonus and was lovely. The ladies making it where just fantastic.

The yoga was okay. Quite a few people did the class with me that I attended it was over crowed and I the teacher certainly tired but I did not feel satisfied with the class.
    I would stay again. However I think the price does need to come down a little.

It is a great location and certainly a very delightful setting to stay in.

Room Tip: A room with a fan and maybe on the first floor.
    • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo