I stayed here a few nights in September 2011 while visiting a friend who lives in Mas.
As others have noted, it is not *in* Ubud, so if you prefer to be in the center of the tourist areas, then this is not the right choice for you. It is located on a busy, dusty road but once you enter the gates, lovely gardens envelope the hotel and provide a welcome respite from the chaos that defines southeast Asia.
I was able to stay in the newer rooms and was delighted with the cleanliness, modernity and accoutrements. I found the price for the deluxe rooms rather reasonable (around $65/USD per night). The mattress was admittedly a bit on the thin side, but this is fairly common when coming from the states and traveling in Asia; not everyone needs a Westin Heavenly bed! The Wi-Fi was not accessible from the room, but it was a short walk with my laptop through the gardens to the cafe area where I could upload pictures to Facebook and check my emails.
The staff was accommodating and very apologetic when there was a mix-up with my luggage (I switched rooms between the 1st and 2nd nights and not all my luggage was brought over). Food offerings were somewhat limited, but since I was only staying a couple of days and ate most of meals out with my friend, this wasn't an issue.
I did not partake of any tour or driving services so cannot comment on those. Mas is the woodcarving center of Bali and the entry to the hotel has a functional workshop. There are some beautiful pieces on display and of course, the furniture in the hotel is all charmingly carved teak wood.
I'll be returning to Taman Harum next month and look forward to this lovely respite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the cool and breezy of the rice field, 17 traditional rooms and cottages are spread across the side of rice fields and lush tropical garden. In each, the Balinese architecture, décor, fine painting is of hotel standard while all the modern conveniences expected by the discerning international traveller are here. All are air-conditioned and have exotic garden bathrooms, convey the essence of the tropic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Taman Harum Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Harum Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Taman Harum Hotel
- Taman Harum Resort
- Taman Harum Cottages Ubud, Bali