All reviewsswim up barthe rivermonkey forestoutdoor bathroompresidential suitefree shuttleregular shuttlenice balconyshuttle servicelush gardensbeautiful hotelstayed here for nightsnasi gorengquiet placetown centrericebali
Reviewed July 19, 2018

The property, location on the river valley, away from the noise and congestion of Ubud, made this 3-night stay a perfect start to our Bali vacation. Consistent with many of the other reviews: friendly and welcoming check-in, very comfortable bed and spacious room with a fabulous view from our veranda. Bathroom was a bit dated and took a long time for the hot water to arrive. Breakfast is included - good but nothing special; and if arrive towards the end of breakfast serving time, there wasn't much food left. Pool and surrounding landscape are beautiful, however the main pool area receives very little sun as it's in the shaded river valley. Definitely not a hotel for those who are mobility challenged as there are many stairs and inclines throughout the property. Massage rooms are very basic and not terribly welcoming - they need updating, however the massages themselves were very good. There is a shuttle that will take you into the centre of Ubud at frequent intervals throughout the day and evening. From the hotel, you are only a 20 minute walk from the Monkey Forest.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2018

It's past it's hey day but the view is amazing. We had the 1 Bedroom suite with a magnificent view of the river but you just have to deal with lots of steps. Good exercise though. I like the outdoor bathroom. The King-size bed is very comfortable. Just avoid the lower type rooms. The restaurant is too far from our villa and it would be a problem if it rains but I welcome the thought of getting an exercise as much as I could. Breakfast food is ok. I just avoided the croissant which are bit stale. A la carte dishes are quite delicious I must say.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

The property landscape is stunning. The staff is amazing, the restaurant was great as well but we stayed in the honeymoon villa with a bunch of big black ants. Yes, this is the forest but I didn’t pay this price to sleep in a room with a colony of large ants. I mentioned this to the front desk and they cane in to spray. When we got back from dinner, there were hundreds of dead ants in the room and more coming out. I called them to please sweep up and they sprayed more.... omg the ants that appeared, I can’t even describe how creepy it was. I had to ask to be moved if course. This room is insect free so far but not the two story honeymoon suite we booked and paid for. I’m quite disappointed that they didn’t even agree to a discount and actually made us pay for the two drinks we consumed from the ant room!! The resort is tired and in need of repair, I would not recommend this hotel given my experience.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is our first time to Bali and Bali Spirit suits us perfectly. The setting is fantastic, the food is great, the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Our room required a bit of maintenance, but in the big scheme of things I am able to ignore this. The rooms are cleaned really well and the grounds are immaculate. There are two swimming pools and they are both very clean. It is close to lots of things in Ubud. Just all in all it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, booking last minute for our family of four. Understandably we got the only family room available but the conditions of the room were appalling. Im sure the hotel was in its prime in the 90’s but since then very little has been spent on its up keep. Rotting door frames, bathroom ceiling rotting away and some kind of rodents living in the ceiling above our kids beds!
Sure the staff were lovely, the grounds are nice, the pool is big, restaurant very average. We couldn’t wait to leave

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family