What more can I say that other people haven't already said? It isn't very often that I splash out on a really nice hotel - it is usually only a place to rest your head - but I had read so many good reviews about this place that I decided we needed a treat, after all you only live once. Best thing I have ever done!
We were wow'ed as soon as we were shown to our Pool Villa. It was overlooking the rice paddies with its own small infinity pool, decking area with longers and little pond. The flower petals on the bed and magnificent bathroom were gob-smacking- you can have a party in the bacthroom it is so big!
The staff are what really makes this a great place to stay - they know exactly who you are and can't do enough for you. The room is cleaned twice per day, so you always seem to have fresh towels. Every time we came back after shopping or visiting the Monkey Forest we were 'welcomed home' - what a nice touch!
There was a bit of downpour while were there and that night the frogs went berserk - they are tiny frogs with a very loud croak! You also get woken by the cockerel next door VERY early each morning - so if you aren't used to animal noises take your ear-plugs!
Breakfast seemed to have lots of courses and we struggled to manage all of the food, but it was lovely. Afternoon tea is also very welcome after a long hot day - nice to taste a sample of the local 'cakes'.
Location on Monkey Forest Road, as everyone has already mentioned is great for shops, supermarkets and the monkeys down the road. Be careful with your belongings though in the Monkey Forest, as soon as the monkeys sense any food in your bag they're after you.
So, if you want a real treat get yourself a Pool Villa and be wow'ed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali