Komaneka at Monkey Forest is the first resort we have stayed in Bali. We based our decision on the reviews on this very site and I am pleased to say we were rewarded. The location right on Monkey Forrest road and its proximity to the plethora of restaurants and bars make walking in the draining humidity bearable. For value, it’s up there, especially the way AU $ is at the moment. The room was excellent, massive bed and mozzie net and bathroom very functional. The staff must get a special mention; they are simply the best I have ever encountered over the 20 years I have been travelling, nothing was too much trouble. I was sick with Bali belly (my own fault – having Mojito’s a plenty in happy hour) and the staff offered to help in any way, they also sent a big basket of fruit with a get well card. The room was cleaned twice a day, fresh towels and bottled water replenished.
The infinity pool is spotlessly clean despite being under the tree canopy. The whole property and grounds are impeccably clean; the foliage detritus must drive the gardeners nutz!
As we stayed for 8 nights, the hotel management provided us with a free candlelight dinner, which they didn’t have to do. The meal was great; Balinese smoked chicken… yum! The spa is alos worth a visit, there are cheaper ones outside the hotel, but no way near the quality. Free WiFi is great, especially if your stuck in your room :-(
I recommend the Laughing Buddha, immediately left of the hotel entrance. The aforementioned Mojito’s and other cocktails are great, just don’t have the ice. They have live entertainment and the food is good too.
Overall summary: is you are considering ubud , and $200 per night is in budget, then visit this wonderful oasis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali