My partner and I stayed at this hotel for the second leg of our honeymoon.
We initially booked to stay at the nearby Rasa Sayang but were offered a free upgrade after the first night's stay and we were not disappointed. The only difference between the rooms, which were both exceptional, was the stunning view. AppleTV option was a nice additional extra.
Was pretty much spot on if you are looking to spend some time in the hub of Ubud, although the hotel was nicely set back from the main road so that it was peaceful even during the day time. As mentioned in other reviews there is the option to visit the other Komeneka resorts; we decided to spend one afternoon at the Bisma to make use if their impressive swimming pool - the midges were a bit of a pain though - But we were glad to be staying at Monkey Forest due to its superior location. We travelled from the hotel to the airport, which took just under 2 hours.
Breakfasts were to a high standard with a good array of choice and cooked to order. I would personally miss out the afternoon tea option which was not as good as the breakfasts.
Best till last. Service was unparalleled; there's clearly been a conscious push to make this the differentiating factor. Any questions or queries were dealt with efficiently and without fuss. Staff were consistently friendly, greeting you at every opportunity. They even went as far as to arrange a free transfer to and from the restaurant Swept Away at the Samaya (a must if you are in the area).
Overall, would highly recommend to those looking for a relaxing retreat whilst staying in the centre of Ubud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest Komaneka in Ubud is designed as a sophisticated and contemporary lifestyle destination. It's 10 elegant villas, each with its 12 meter long private pool, and 34 spacious suites are completed with a half-olympic sized main pool, an Indonesian fine dining restaurant, luxurious spa-villa, and wedding chapel. Located at Jalan Bisma, in the center of Ubud, overlooking the the hills and Campuhan River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali