The staff were very kind, helpful, friendly and genuine people. I'd like to make special mention of the following staff who made our stay so wonderfully enjoyable: Yuli, Yoga, Sudi, Wayan, Mila, Lisna, and Juni. There were many others whose names I did not get unfortunately, including the maintenance and housekeeping staff who would always say hello.
The location was awesome! Right in the centre of Ubud. Only 45 mins from the airport. Close walk to the market, restaurants, monkey forrest, etc. You wouldn't think that the hotel was located amongst the hustle and bustle of Ubud, as it is so quiet and peaceful. We felt very safe and at home at Komaneka.
The rooms are lovely! Clean, comfortable and naturalistic. We were upgraded to a pool villa for the night of our wedding anniversary which was very romantic. We loved the lush greenery that surrounded us.
The breakfast was delicious! It's not a buffet but a sit-down table service. Many different breakfast menus to choose from. I loved the Komaneka muesli, ginger tea and fresh fruit juices.
There is much attention to little details. Some examples include:
- Hot ginger tea with honey offered upon arrival
- Staff member escorting you to the room to show you all the amenities.
- Afternoon tea
- Evening "turn-down" service
- Staff asking you how your day was and what you did/saw
- International plug adaptor in the room
- Flower petal arrangements on the bed and in the bathtub
- Addressing us with "Babak" and "Ibu" before saying our names (the traditional Indonesian words for Mr. and Mrs). I was amazed that everyone knew our names by the first day!
Thank you so much Komaneka for making our anniversary trip so wonderful and memorable. We will be back in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali