Judging by the lack of noise, it's impossible to tell that the hotel is tucked away, just off Jl. Monkey Forest. From the moment you step in through the doors, it's like a different world from the hustle and bustle just outside. Starting with the warm greeting, the refreshing welcome drink and the cold towel at check-in, Komaneka is a fabulous experience (even though I used to feel describing hotels as experiences was a little over-the-top).
I stayed there for two nights with my wife, and we barely wanted to step out of our room. It was very well-designed in Balinese style, with a small patio dining area, a huge toilet with a bathtub looking out to the blue sky and all the modern conveniences one could want on a romantic getaway. The bed gave me a wonderful night's sleep, though it could just as easily have been the resort's nightgowns (changed every day) or the flower petals they had laid out. My wife of course loved the small bath salts and fragrant oil kit we received at check in.
The breakfast consists of choosing from several set menus, but be sure to specifically mention if you want everything on that menu to avoid confusion. The food quality was high throughout, especially the baked goodies (yummy banana bread). The food from the restaurant is competitively priced with the restaurants around, reducing the need to step out! Another small, but much appreciated touch - the tons of free mineral water in the room. They really keep you well hydrated here!
The conspiracy to keep you on the property extends through the day, with tons of activities and evening tea (which we were very sorry to have missed), making the Komaneka very good value for money for the luxury it offers. Of course, it also helps that the service is top notch and friendly throughout, though the housekeeping staff maybe a little uneven. There were some toiletries which were not replaced and a dressing gown vanished without a substitute, but given the overall quality of the staff, this amounts to nitpicking.
The property itself if compact, well planned and green. So green, that there is a little note reminding guests that bugs are to be expected around forests! Thankfully we didn't have to put up with any of these uninvited guests during our stay. We did like the serene atmosphere of the hotel, thanks to all the trees, and can't wait to get back and spend more time at this hotel. Highly recommended for anyone on their honeymoon or a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali