This is my first trip to bali, although I am a seasoned business traveller and have stayed in many of the best (& worst!) hotels all over the world. This honestly rates as one of the best. No, it doesn't have the Luxury of a Raffles or a Dorchester, but in most ways it's the spirit and feel of the hotel that gives it the character and the 5-star is deserved based on its customer service, facilities and overall enjoyment factor. We also stayed in pool villa Room 101, as have other reviewers on here, and its been a great experience with no issues. From the welcome into the hotel & room with the petals and towel swans, to the facilities of the private gated villa with its own verandah, plunge pool, external dining table & sofa and private view over the jungle to the the internal facilities of the extensive room (actually, 3 rooms adjoining) - all very well laid out, clean and plenty of room. Facilities are all good and all work OK - with the exception of the TV that only picks up local analogue TV channels. If there is anything to complain about, there are a few instances of occasional insects/ants in the villa, including the occasional friendly gecko - but this is a jungle retreat, with a thatched roof, and considering this the rooms are actually pretty sanitised. If you can't handle that, don't come to Bali !! Staff also provide plenty of insect killer/candles/repellent for your use, and so far no problems. Sleep quality is also good after the first night of getting used to the jungle noises.....
Staff are wonderful and can't do enough to help, every last one of them. I can't for one minute believe any of them could be rude to guests, honestly they just don't have it in them! Food is excellent (curry at Dinner was one of the best I have ever tasted) and the breakfast & free afternoon tea also high quality. The grounds are like a quiet tropical oasis in the hustle/bustle of Ubud, and are kept immaculately clean.
So there you go - inexpensive luxury that has made our honeymoon stay so far a wonderful experience. I can't recommend this experience enough, and although everyone has an opinion I would say in this case look at the majority verdict for this hotel and take the negative reviews with a pinch of salt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali