Komaneka was recommended by my partner's friend after a booking at another villa turned sour and left us in need of a place to stay at the last minute. From the immediate reception until the day we left, the staff were absolutely wonderful, really what exceptional customer service is all about. We were greeted by every one that worked there with friendly, genuine smiles and service was always efficient.
We also loved our suite which had a private patio area facing a paddy field, and I really liked the design and layout of the interior. There was also complimentary fresh fruit and cookies replenished on a daily basis although we never managed to eat even half because there was just so much.
There were reminder letters left on our bed which was a nice personal touch and it was thoughtful of them to provide umbrellas, mosquito spray and a weighing machine.
Breakfast was included on the three days we were there and the local, traditional dishes were delicious. Also ordered soup on one of the nights which wasn't very authentic, but they were very generous with ingredients. There was complimentary tea provided by the pool in the afternoon which included some lovely local delights.
The location was in an ideal spot. Shops and restaurants right on the main street and we were able to spend the whole time just walking around everywhere.
Komaneka really left a great impression on us and my overall impression of Bali. Would definitely go back if I have the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali