This place has just the best location. It was right smack in the middle of busy Ubud but somehow this establishment delivered tranquility and made it seem as if you are not in Ubud but somewhere tucked away in the quiet, foresty part of Bali. Overall service was good and I absolutely found the cookies in the room to be very, extremely addictive (please proceed with caution when you start to dip into the cookie jar!!!!) and the local desserts at tea (complimentary) delicious!
- Booked via booking.com.
- Exchanged a few mails with the establishment before my departure and the replies were prompt.
- It took around 1.5 hours from the airport to Ubud.
- Though this boutique hotel was along the main road, it was 'tucked away' from all the hustle and bustle (the hotel had a non-imposing signage along the main road and a nice 'cobbled' lane/ driveway to the hotel). So it really felt as if you were not staying in the center of Ubud. Lovely really!
- Close proximity to everything! Plenty of shops (clothing/ souvenir/ F&B establishments) the moment you step out of the hotel grounds (however you cannot hear the noise once you are safely in your room). Close to the rice field trail and the ridge trail.
- Very clean and welcoming.
- The balcony was spacious and made a fabulous breakfast area (you can opt to have breakfast served in your room)
- Bathroom came with a lovely tub and a separate shower stall (spacious); a separate room for the toilet.
- Free cookies and fruits replenished daily (my waistline definitely expanded during my stay here as I was preoccupied with the cookies everyday...lol)
- Breakfast was heavenly!!!! Check out the picture...need I say more?
- The free tea time spread was yummy. The offering changes daily so you do not have the eat the same thing everyday.
Activities and Facilities
- Komeneka offers a wide range of activities on-site as well as at their sister establishments. So if you feel that you just want to chill and not explore Ubud for the day, you will have options to keep you busy. Also, the staff conducting the activities were very friendly and patient!
- The pool was a tad bit small but it had a good depth.
- Overall service was very good. It was just a bit impersonal at times (imagine polite but 'stepford'-ish).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali