Recently my wife and I had two weeks holiday on the magical island of Bali in Indonesia. The locals in Bali are wonderful and gentle folk who seem truly pleased to have visitors come to their island paradise.
Every now and then travellers experience a hotel that really delights in delivering top service. The Komaneka Hotels in Ubud in Bali is just such a group. This family owned and operated group of now four hotels was a joy to experience and to remember.
We were picked up in Seminyak by a car from the Komaneka Hotel and taken to Ubud. The driver was smartly dressed and the car immaculate. This was a good beginning. When we arrived at Komaneka at Monkey Forest we were offered a new room at the Komaneka at Rasa Sayan, the brand new hotel in the main street of Ubud. The room was generous in size with a large deck, generously sized bathroom, large bed, air conditioning and flat screen television all pristine in its presentation.
Included in this exceptionally comfortable room were complimentary bottles of water, fresh fruit, cookies in a jar – all replenished daily – together with jandals and dressing gowns to wear to the infinity pool, slippers for inside the room, a fresh nightshirt each evening and a large vase of fragrant tuber rose flowers. In our 30 years of travelling we have never experienced such thoughtfulness and generosity.
The staff at hotel, without exception, was courteous and considerate, nothing was too much trouble. We were not pressured at any time.
The food was excellent, fresh and with a great variety available. Breakfast (included in the tariff) overlooking the verdant jungle was a peaceful and wonderful experience each day.
With the fabulous climate, extensive art work, the galleries, the outstanding craft in the shops, the choices of restaurant and wonderful people in Ubud we have no hesitation recommending the Komaneka Hotels as a tourist destination.
Rob & Margaret Buckett
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali