“Great View”

Ranked #101 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed in Biyukukung for a night in Feburary.

The view of the padi field is just gorgeous. Rooms are facing the padi field which gives you a great view from your room balcony. I stayed in a standard room which is like a duplex. The bedroom is upstairs and the bathroom is located downstairs. The surrounding of the hotel is really serene, a perfect getaway from the busy city.

Staff are welcoming and helpful. Welcome drinks are served upon checking in. There are 2 pools in the hotel. One infinity pool located near the reception and breakfast area and another pool near the spa. Breakfast was alright, It's a la carte instead of buffet style. The hotel also offers free shuttle service to where you want to go.

Definitely worth staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Biyukukung was great. It's right next to the padi field, and it feels like you are in the middle of no where. I had a standard room, but changed it to a deluxe the next day. The layout of the standard room was weird, and I wasn't comfortable with the "strawish" roof. The swimming pools were amazing, and having the luxury of the SPA right in your hotel was well worth it.

The location is great as well, it's right next to Yoga Barn (we spent a lot of time there), and you can take the shuttle to anywhere in town even at 2 in the morning.

The breakfast was great, especially they had this flute music that played in the morning that was very calming. (I asked about the name of the CD haven't found it yet).

I would definitely recommend staying at Biyukukung to anyone visiting Ubud.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Walt Disney World, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The layout of Biyukukung is excellent! Every room incl. the breakfast patio faces the great open padi field. You can just lie in bed & watch the nature.

I booked a standard room for me & my mother. Unfortunately, it was not clear to me that it is a double storey room I.e. bathroom & toilet is downstairs, the beds is upstairs. As she has problems with her knees, it was very inconvenient for her especially at night. She slipped once, thankfully, not critical so I asked to refund our booking for the second night because I didn't want something to happen.

The hotel receptionist Agung Candi was very understanding. The manager whom she calls "pak" transferred us to the single storey suite. The suite is amazing! And large! You literally have a full view of the padi from your bed! There is an "open air" jacuzzi too but we were happy just listening to the rain, bull frogs croaking, crickets singing. It is living in the country with modern day comfort. I can recommend the suite for honeymooners!

We were there on New Year's Eve. Although we were in bed, you can see fireworks lit up everywhere. It's better than watching the fireworks out in the crowd yet better than watching it on TV because you hear the booming noise which adds to the excitement of the new year! If my schedule permits, I would like to spend more New Year's here! I would bring my own towels next time.

The hotel has free transport into town and every time we asked to be picked up after our shopping & dinner in town, the different drivers were all very punctual & friendly. We felt very well looked after. Thank you!

And the wifi is excellent!!! There was only 2 English Channels but we had our iPad so we were able to watch our movies/series on it although if you are there to relax, you don't need the TV!

Room Tip: The Kokokant 1 & 2 Suite is excellent! Honeymooners or just a pampered stay in a king size bed!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Seria, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have loved to stay here every single day of my more than three weeks! I have been in Ubud several times before, a different hotel every time. Now I found my match, I will always go back here. The people have been incredibly helpful and kind, especially when I hurt my knee they cared a lot about me getting well, drove me around and moved me to the suite for a very kind price in order for me to have less walking from entrance to my room. Also they organised towels without softener for me as I am allergic.

The view is great, directly next to the rice fields. Despite the vicinity of nature there was astonishingly little wildlife in the room - they manage it really well, and for Bali it is exceptionally clean.
(That said - if you are the first the time in Bali, be clear that there are always some dust threads hanging below the lamps.)

It is practical that there was a fridge and a safety deposit box in the room as well as a water boiler - which is not at all a standard in Ubud. Also the two pools are very nice.

Ref. the spa: Sadly I can not recommend to go there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Mrs_S_from_W
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife & I came to Biyukukung for a transition stay after a full-day trip. We figured there was no point to book a luxury hotel when we don't have the time to enjoy it. It's definitely great value for the price. They have awesome view of the rice terrace from the room. The bed is comfy. Their washroom is not all that clean. We tried their "50% off" spa - it was still expensive and the spa was only mediocre - you can find much better price & service around Ubud easily! Their mie goreng (fried noodle) was surprisingly good for breakfast... I wish I could order more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank utdk
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. The staff were very accommodating. Amazing view of the rice fields just outside our door step. Location is very central and an easy walk to restaurants for dinner. They also provided a drop off / pick up service around the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank fr4nn1e
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

A late evening check-in after 23hrs traveling. The booking system worked, we were expected and welcomed. The friendly reception gave us a complimentary juice drink while the formalities were completed and the two uncomplaining staff lugged our cases to the room.

The room was fairly simple but spotless. The en-suite bathroom was large with a separate walk-in shower. Large bed, air-conditioning and a flat screen TV is about all that registered before hitting the sack. Bottled water is provided free and replenished daily. Our room was shared with a friendly gecko who had set up residence behind the a-c. Once we understood its routine, we all got along fine!

It looks as though the hotel has been built on an old rice field and indeed, all the rooms look out onto a working rice field. Down by the bottom pool, you are only a couple of hundred metres from the main road but it's surprisingly peaceful.

There are two small pools with sundeck areas. Pool towels were provided and the space was adequate for the number of guests using the pool during our stay.

Reception holds a small library of left-behind books, but since our Dutch isn't up to much, they weren't much use to us! The breakfast was good and cooked a la carte. It was a limited menu but certainly enough food to take you through to beer o'clock in the afternoon,

The staff were fabulous. Friendly, willing and welcoming. Enough English was spoken to make our stay stress free.

There is free Wi-Fi and you are given your login details on arrival. However, if you have become used to superfast broadband at home, you're going to have to adjust. With approximately 50 guests all piling in with smartphones, iPads etc., it is very sporadic.

The suites have seen better days, but the stay is non-the-worse for that. Everything worked.

This is fine for a couple of days or so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple