Pita Maha Resort and Spa
$36
Hotels.com
$221
Cancelon
All reviewsinfinity poolour honeymoongarden villaevery hourthe riveroutdoor shower and bathamerican breakfastmain poollounge areaa free shuttle busbalinese stylebreakfast is servednusa duaafternoon teamosquito netcentral ubudrice terraces
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I visited for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is an ideal place to stay for a restful and refreshing holliday/honeymoon that is away from all the craziness that is Kuta.

Pita Maha's villas all have beautiful gardens and they provide you with a private sanctuary to unwind. They are beautifully appointed, ours had our own plunge pool and the traditional indoor/outdoor bathroom.

The hotel restaurant has a stunning view of the nearby gorge and surrounding hills. Breakfast is wonderful, and it's lovely to sit and watch nature. The main pool is an infinity pool with beautiful views.

I would gladly go back anytime.

My reason for giving 4 stars is that any guest with mobility issues or who need wheel chair access need to beware. This hotel involves many steps and I wasn't aware of any lifts or ramps. You will need to investigate beforehand if you need wheelchair accessible rooms, or if you find stairs hard. Also our plumbing got blocked a few times.

Having said that I would go back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Twofriendsoftravel
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Pita Maha is in the most wonderful area of Ubud. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are great but could do with a little work, starting to date. Food is great but a bit expensive, private pool lovely, way too many steps for me, but I managed......Close to the Ubud shopping centre, which I loved. Free computer and afternoon tea every day. Had a wonderful massage and my husband said his was the most relaxing massage he had ever had.
We hope to return next year and take our two teenage girls with us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladyoz48
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just returned from our 20th anniversary - our second honeymoon in Bali! We stayed at the Pita Maha in Ubud and could not speak highly enough of this wonderful place and it's staff. Beautiful location, outstanding views and lovely private villas. They made our visit so special we felt like royalty.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kategarside
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at the Pita Maha hotel in August 2013. I have stayed at this hotel several times previously and just love it.

Each time I return, I am so in awe of the beauty of this hotel. The staff are exceptional and will do all possible to ensure the guests have a wonderful experience.

The villas are sensational and very large with all the facilities one could expect from an up maket hotel. The outdoor bathrooms are a gorgeous feature of the villas and feature a huge batth.

The food is of a very high standard and always served with a balinese smile. The staff are always happy to assist with any special dietarrequirements the guests might have. The architecture is Balinese, and no effort been spared in ensuring there are up todate facilities. There is free wifi and some computers in the loungs area which are free of charge to guests.

Complimentary afternoon tea is served daily in the lounge which offers magnificent views. The snacks and cakes served change daily and are delicious Balinese bite size tastings.

There is a regular complimentary shuttle to Ubud and always seems to run on time.

Once a week the hotel offers a complimentary trek thru the rice fields with a very informative guide. We did not see another tourist while on the trek and felt like we were experiencing the true Bali. It was one of the many highlights of our stay at Pita Maha.

I had a massage during my stay and it was far far superior to the less expensive massages in Ubud. The staff were so welcoming and it was one of the best massages I have ever had.

The friend who I was travelling with became sick(later it was established she had a kidney infection) The hotel called a doctor at 2.30 am and the doctor was there within 20 minutes. We had to leave early and the staff were so efficient in arranging the transportation for us and were very concerned about my friend's wellbeing.

I was very sad to leave earlier than expected, but I will be planning to return next year, as I believe it its the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

Kathy from Adelaide.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently stayed at pita maha and were very impressed with experience. The pool villa was beautiful, very private and relaxing. All the facilities were excellent and staff were outstanding and very pleasant . Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family