“Stunning walk”

Ubud Rice Field Trekking Tour
Ranked #7 of 129 things to do in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Campuhan Ridge Walk is arguably the best known Ubud trek and with good reason. The sparse crowds and the aesthetically rich vistas remind one of why people from around the world come to Bali. The trail starts at the historical origin of Ubud, the confluence (or Campuhan) of the Wos Rivers.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Stunning walk”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Took my breath away. Not a long walk. Took me and my partner about 15 mins up hill. So beautiful!! So green.. If u appreciate nature u will love it.

3 Thank Laura C

• Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A walk with a difference!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This walk through the rice fields is beautiful and picturesque. Well worth putting aside 2 hours one morning. There are a number of artists and wood carvers located en route which provides a nice opportunity to pick up presents and souvenirs of your stay in Ubud. Recommend to go early morning before the heat gets too much!!:)

Visited April 2014
3 Thank LGR1986
Dublin, Ireland
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Easy Walk”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is an easy well signposted roundtrip starting at the Hotel Ibah if you turn back at the Karsa cafe. Do it at sunrise for best light and misty views. You can continue past Karsa and loop back to Ubud but that's mainly road.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SwordsPat
Blantyre, Malawi
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“A very easy and popular stroll”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was disappointed as it seemed a very short stroll and the countryside wasn't that great and a bit built up. The path is paved most of the way. We went on a Sunday morning and there were a lot of other people. I regretted getting up very early to do this 1.5 hour stroll.

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Nothing special”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I read on TripAdvisor that the Campuhan Ridge walk was a great way to see areas around Ubud. I set out in the early morning to avoid the heat but found that the walk disappointing. The first part of the walk was through some fields, on top of the ridge but instead of feeling secluded, all I could see were big mansions / hotels being build on the opposite side. Future along the walk we came to a nice dirt road that had small shops along the side and further yet we reached a small cafe that was nice and relaxing. We had a good breakfast and cooled down. We weren't too sure whether the walk continued or not (we had walked 2km so far) so we asked some people if we should continue. They said that it was best to turn around and walk back the way be came as there was nothing past the cafe other than rice fields etc. They also mentioned that to do the round trip would also take a long time. So we turned back.
I wouldn't do this walk again. Unfortunately for me there was nothing really exciting to see.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Addicted_to_me

Been to Campuhan Ridge Walk? Share your experiences!