“Great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Townsville, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at Villa Saraswati in Ubud in August 2013, it was a perfect place to stay, unwind and relax. Peace and quiet. All the staff were great, Komang, Obi, Yande, I cant recall all to mention, the owners were happy, friendly and helpful also. Its the little things the staff did like booking a table a restaurants for us, too booking tours/day trip, and the free ride into the heart of UBUD which made the stay hassle free. I would recommend this place to other couples wanting a peaceful place to stay in Ubud.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights in the Lotus room. I must admit I was a bit nervous when booking this and considered changing my booking to another hotel. The only reason for my nerves was because of the price it was so cheap at only around $150 a night that I thought there must be something wrong with it. Boy was I wrong and I and was so glad that we stuck to our guns. From the moment we communicated with Mr Komang to organise our transfers the service was prompt and efficient. When we arrived at the airport the driver Puti greeted us and organised cool towels and a cold bottle of water. Puti also drove us another day and he was very safe and a lovely man. Even though we arrived at around midnight there was someone waiting for us to show us to our room. Of course you would expect this at a five star resort but at a small B & B it showed how much they cared for their guests. When I was shown the room I was blown away with the quality of the finishings and also just how beautiful it was with the white gauzy drapes surrounding the king size bed. The bathroom was massive and had heaps of room for all my toiletries and cosmetics which I love! There was also an outdoor shower (great for me as I love outdoor showers) and an indoor one for my husband who does not like outdoor showers! One thing that I thought was nice that you could probably only do at a place of this size is how they didn't have the small bathroom toiletries which are often of inferior product anyway, they had beautiful mother of pearl pump dispensers filled with soap for the hand basin, shampoo and conditioner and shower gel in the shower. The products I could tell were of high quality and I enjoyed using them and also it was much more environmentally friendly than small plastic containers that people only half use. There is no tv in the room but that just adds to the relaxing feeling. The pool is lovely and very tranquil and it is also deep at one end which is fabulous as you really feel like your are properly swimming. The breakfast was made in house every day and the selection whilst limited was plentiful. We also ordered dinner in one night and that was tasty and good value and also like everything at this place presented beautifully. Note though that the menu is limited as it is not geared up to be a restaurant. That is the only reason why I gave the room service four stars as otherwise the service was great. I also appreciated the personal touch by the owner Robyn who came and introduced herself to my husband and I as we lounged by the pool one evening. The only negative and that is a personal one for me is that I am not a fan of communal breakfasts and also would feel uncomfortable swimming when there are people sitting around the communal table. It is not that I am not sociable as I am, it is just that when I am on holiday I like to feel totally relaxed and not have to mingle if I do not want to. However it is highlighted that it is a communal breakfast experience and so I knew of this when we booked and it is only minor as everything else was just magnificent. The place is a little out of town and taxi drivers may not know it but Mr Komang will prepare a map for you so it is all easy. One other thing I should mention is that I left my ipad charger in the room on the last day and Mr Komang contacted me and arranged for it to be delivered to me in Seminyak the same day which I thought was utterly amazing and personal service. All in all my husband and I left thinking that the owners' first interest is not to make a profit but to share a beautiful wonderful place with visitors to Ubud and ensure they have an amazing time by providing gorgeous surroundings with first class service staff. We loved Villa Saraswati it was gorgeous, classy and an absolute dream to stay at!!!!!! The value was exceptional.

2 Thank MissWizzy
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the villa for eight nights at the end of our trip to Bali and would liked to have stayed on! This is a high quality place on a perfect scale. Not only is the villa gorgeous and spacious in a very lovely, natural and lush setting, but we were looked after beautifully the whole time. All of the staff are very attentive and great to be around. Komang (a top Manager) went out of his way to make us feel at home, always a step ahead anticipating our needs and helping to organise activities. Robyn and Dean are delightful and thoughtful hosts who shared a lot of their knowledge of the area and Balinese culture. They are very switched on about caring for the villa, staff and guests. For us the villa is ideally located in Payogan village not far from our favourite yoga studio in Penestanan. The shuttle is very handy for the short trip to Ubud. We also enjoyed a walk off the roads along Camphuan Ridge to Ubud, and walks around Payogan. Back at home now we are making ginger and lemongrass tea that we were so fond of at the villa, but don't think we can possibly replicate the perfection of those awesome banana pancakes! We really enjoyed the Swan room and were treated to an upgrade to the Lotus room which is especially fabulous. It has heaps of space and a great outlook including a small temple. Veena and Frangipani rooms on the lower floor also look lovely. We look forward to returning on our next visit to Ubud. Berenice & Shane.

Room Tip: Lotus and Veena have heaps more space and bigger beds and bathrooms than other rooms though of cours...
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had such a wonderful time at the villa. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. I loved the breakfast every morning, and the area is off the beaten path. It's about 10 minute drive to downtown and it's nice to be up an away from the busy downtown. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just had four nights at Villa Saraswati, a fantastic place to stay. Room was terrific, service great and location sensational. Perfectly located close enough to enjoy Ubud while far enough away to be very peaceful and quiet.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lotus, just great
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked 2 nights at Villa Saraswati and really regretted not staying longer. It is located just outside Ubud (great relaxing rice paddy walks around) but close enough to still enjoy the city center.The villa and rooms are simply stunning and, as most reviewers stated before, the service is top nocht! Komang, the manager, and all of the staff were incredibly nice. We also got to share a breakfast with the owners. They are a really nice couple and you can see how much they care for the villa, their staff and guests. We really hope we can return to Ubud and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I think it is worthy expending a few extra and choosing one of the rooms with exit or balcony to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hard to find new words to express the pleasure we experienced during our stay at the Villa. Ex-pat Australian owners, Robyn and Dean, have created a little paradise in this gorgeous five room hotel. Every room is a visual delight, elegant, not garish, private and comfortable. I especially liked the lack of television or radio adding to the peaceful atmosphere. There is a media room with a TV, but during our five days none of the guests felt the need to avail themselves of it. The staff were exemplary and under the confident management of Komang, were efficient, polite, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Robyn was a wealth of information and seemed to tune in to everyone's particular desires and needs suggesting trips, yoga and cooking classes, restaurants, booking venues, arranging in house massages and sharing local knowledge and customs. Situated about 4k north of Ubud, away from the hustle and bustle of the town it offered the perfect place to relax and unwind.
The yummy communal breakfast was a great opportunity to meet the other guests, swap notes and get to know each other. The last night several of us shared a poolside dinner, good food a few glasses of wine and were treated to a wonderful dance by Obi who is a member of a local Balinese troupe. The regular shuttle to and from Ubud made shopping easy and booking a taxi for the day to take in all the local culture and sights was worth doing and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
All in all we cannot recommend Villa Saraswati too highly and will not hesitate to encourage others to discover this little paradise for themselves.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple