All reviewslotus rootswan roombanana pancakesother guestsmanager komangoutdoor showerbalinese breakfastbedtime storiesbeautiful poolshuttle servicecentral ubudbreakfast tableart galleriesthe entire staffboutique hotelbreakfast was deliciousthe hustle and bustle
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful and quiet; excellent staff and really good value for money!

From the start when rooms were to be booked to arranging for airport transfers, motorbikes and tours, the staff were wonderful in getting things organised.

Breakfast was incredible - I highly recommend the Balinese breakfast which I had everyday... So good!

Only thing to note is that the villa is located a little further from town (10 mins motorbike) so it's best to be prepared to rent a motorbike or organise for a driver. It is however close to a street with a few cafes.

Villa saraswati was perfect in every way. Made the holiday all the more special!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had the good fortune to stay at Villa Saraswati for 7 nights in September 2012. The Villa Manager, Komang and all of the staff at the Villa are marvellous. The owners, Robyn and Dean were full of helpful suggestions and tips about the local area. The property is immaculate with a beautiful pool and inviting common areas. The tasty breakfasts by the pool were a great way to start the day. I liked being slightly away from the busy ubud centre. I enjoyed the complimentary use of the bicycles which I used as my transport around town on several occasions. The three times daily suttle to town and the easily available and very cheap taxis make getting from the villa to ubud centre very easy. The care and attention that Komang, his staff, and Robyn and Dean give to their guests makes this a perfect place to stay. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights, from Oct 2-4 and loved it so much we tried to extend our stay unfortunately they were fully booked - it's easy to see why! Robyn and Dean are perfect hosts and they certainly make you feel welcome. The staff are beautiful - to Wyomang, Ketut, Obi, Wayan and others, thank you.

The breakfasts are great, the massages from Ketut, a female, who comes to the Villa are simply the best!

I have no hesitation in recommending this as a 5* experience. My partner, Ann, and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Lotus room is the largest and has 180 degree views, own verandah, outside shower. It is worth every cent extra.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at Villa Saraswati as part of our honeymoon trip round Bali and Lombok and could not have been more thrilled.
From the moment you arrive you instantly feel peaceful and relaxed. The rooms are beautifully done and the choice of indoor or outdoor shower perfect!
The staff could not have been more kind and helpful and they make a mean Nasi Goreng.
Its a 10-15 min car ride outside of Ubud but the transfers are so easy its not even an issue.
We could have stayed for weeks its just so lovely here.

suggestion:

walk the Campuhan ridge - we were given a lift by the hotel to a padi field to start from and walked down into Ubud ( much better than walking up the other way!)
beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed at Villa Saraswati for five days, and had a lovely time. As others have mentioned, it's a bit outside the city, but then, so are many hotels as we found, and it's definitely nice to be a bit removed from the noise and crowds. The owners and staff really make you feel welcome - my husband celebrated his birthday during our stay and, although I had not thought to alert the hotel, they had a strawberry tart with a candle for him at breakfast! Apparently they noticed his birthday on his passport when we checked in. We enjoyed, as well, chatting with Robyn and Dean, the owners, over breakfast; all of their recommendations were really spot on. We would definitely return, if Ubud weren't 22 hours from home.

• Stayed: September 2012