All reviewslotus rootswan roombanana pancakesother guestsmanager komangoutdoor showerbalinese breakfastbedtime storiesbeautiful poolshuttle servicecentral ubudbreakfast tableart galleriesthe entire staffboutique hotelbreakfast was deliciousthe hustle and bustle
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Villa Saraswati provides a quality of service and comfort that makes a holiday perfect. The Villa is set in a beautiful and tranquil location and an architectural masterpiece in itself with the rooms generously proportioned, well appointed and fully serviced with an attention to detail and quality that can't be faulted. What really makes a stay at the Villa perfect though, is the quality of service, level of attention and genuine friendliness provided by the staff. A wonderful experience and one I hope to repeat soon.

Room Tip: All rooms have an individual charm and quality. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank bnorra
Reviewed August 3, 2012

If i'm a selfish person, I don't want to recommend this place. Simply because I need this place to be ready for my self anytime I come to Ubud :))

I went there last May for a long weekend getaway. My comment: this place is amazing! The tranquility, the smart move that they dont place tv in the room makes me able to sleep without tv distraction. The room was clean, with very comfortable bed.

The service was great. Pak Komang and the team really treat us like a family. My favorite breakfast was always sunnyside egg with spicy soya sauce. The first time I requested to have the sauce, they made it for me, and served it for me on the next day breakfast! They just took time to remember.

Bottomline, if you look for a neat, comfort, home away from home to 'hide' from big, busy and crowded resort-like place, this is the best place. 1 thing I love: they have age limit, that you will not get awaked by child screaming in the middle of your siesta :))

Room Tip: Bring your dvd and watch it at the tv room. The movie collection is not extensive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Villa Saraswati and its elegance, beauty, tranquility, and service. They describe themselves as a boutique bed and breakfast and they absolutely deliver! Owned by Australians but managed and staffed by local staff, Villa Saraswati was more than what we expected. Quite frankly, their website and photos don't really do it justice. Service here, led by Pak Komang, is a standout feature. Effort and attention to detail are obvious when looking at the garden, pool area, common areas, service and rooms. Outdoor showers in four out of the five rooms is an attractive feature too. Villa Saraswati is located on the fringes of Ubud, yet close enough to easily access eating holes, shops and Ubud centre. This is definitely one place we would actually come back to and stay for a relaxing, homely getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I love this place! It is gorgeous. The staff are so friendly. The breakfast is fresh and amazing (the banana pancakes are a must try. We also met the owners, who are the loveliest people. You also have an outdoor and indoor shower both with huge shower heads, great water pressure, and temperature control (which showers were a bit of a problem for us at the resorts we stayed at in Bali). I've stayed at really nice hotels and resorts, but it doesn't have the intimate feel like this place does. It's just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We traveled around for 2 weeks in Indonesia and this was our favorite place! Would really recommend Villa Saraswati. Very nice rooms, clean, good breakfast, extremely friendly and helpful staff and owners and beautiful location!

The villa is not in the center of Ubud but a bit outside. We walked and used the free shuttle service to Ubud and took taxis back (there are plenty of taxis/ppl offering you a ride and its cheep). We first thought that the location would be something negative. However, we found it extremely calming and nice not to have to stay in the center and would definitely stay at Villa Saraswati again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple