“A really nice resort :)”
Review of Villa Nirvana Bali

Villa Nirvana Bali
Ranked #69 of 613 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a really nice stay at villa nirvana. When we came they gave us a room without a pool, but they sorted it out quick, and just after minutes we got a room with a pool, that we had booked. And this good service was the same throughout our stay, they were very helpful. The location was ok, it was not too far to walk to the centre of ubud. But you need a flashlight at night, because there is no too good street lighting some places in ubud. The only thing was that the minibar was not always refilled right. But the rooms was nice, clean, the staff really friendly, good food at the restaurant. They had an Indian chef, who cooked excellent Indian food. And spa offered a superb massage. If you want a quiet place to relax, villa nirvana is perfect, I absolutely recommend this resort :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dean T, General Manager at Villa Nirvana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.I hope you had a safe trip back to Norway.I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the mini bar has since been increased for all beverage items and replinshed daily.We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

An awesome place, packed rightly away from the noise of the main roads, but yet quite walkable to the centre. The photos that you see on the website are exactly that you can expect when you arrive even your bed arrangements will be similar.
For us, a couple with a 17 month old baby, this was a perfect place, the pools were safe as it had an extra boundary that will ensure that babies dont just walk into the pool, we stayed at the Ananda shri, the villa had all that you require for a small family to live, they have a decent resturant which serves most of the cuisines, the service was excellent and we were always greeted with a smile no matter at what time, we arrived at 04:30 am and had requested an early check in and which was given to us at a small price price. All in all a wonderful holiday money spent well..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Dean T, General Manager at Villa Nirvana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Many thanks for giving us a review on Trip Advisor.It was really a pleasure to host you and your young family at Ananda Sri and the team and I enjoyed having you stay with us.

I guess you must be back in Dubai after your holidays.

Do stay in touch

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 instead of our usual hotel in Semanyak in order to experience the more rustic charms of Ubud. There are just six comfortable bungalows (canopy beds, outdoor showers, private swimming pools) with a very friendly staff and a personable young Indian chef. Satellite TV and complementary WiFi allowed us to stay entertained and informed when we were not otherwise on an easily arranged tour or walking over to have lunch at Sari's Organic in the rice fields or checking out the shops and restaurants and temple dances in town. It was a great balance between civilized comforts and being close to nature in the slow-paced environment of the island. We thought it a terrific value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doug M
Dean T, General Manager at Villa Nirvana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Many thanks for your kind and gracious review .It was a pleasure to host you at Villa Nirvana and on behalf of the entire team and myself a big
" Thank You" W e look forward to welcoming you, your friends and family in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Didn't know what to expect after reading the last few reviews- suffice to say that I feel like we were in a different place! We stayed in the Shanti Villa with a private pool. There are only 6 villas altogether and we inspected them all from the outside - all looked nice. Ours was exquisite! Glass walls (with double curtains so it's quite dark), beautiful refreshing pool (maybe not 100% private from other eyes - but we didn't mind), 3 different outdoor sitting , outdoor bath, shower/toilet outdoor. The villa was clean, the grounds are beautiful. The massage was good. We had Indian dinner on our last night and it was fresh and good. The staff was very helpful and quick to answer all our needs.
The Villa is not accessible by car. Make sure you are in contact with them before you arrive so they know when to meet you with a golf cart. It' s a nice 20 min walk into town - down many steps. If you are not into walking - they give you a mobile phone and you just call when you need a pick off or drop off to taxi.
I can't wait to go back and explore the area some more. Ask for Wayan to drive you!
Downside - working very early in morning - not the best wake up call.

Room Tip: Shanti - worth the splurge for private pool. Two couples/family can take other villa and share their...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dean T, General Manager at Villa Nirvana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Many thanks for taking time to write a review.We look forward to welcoming you in the future and will ensure Wayan is around to drive you.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Looking forward to a week in Bali with my daughter for some R&R. We chose Villa Nirvana for its seclusion and separate compound with pool. What a disappointing experience to come home and find workmen asleep on the grass area of our compound. When they weren't asleep that were fixing the back fence. We were unable to use the bathroom facilities when they were around as the bathroom was open and at the back of our villa. We swam and sunbathed with workmen watching. We agreed to this for one day to find it happened repeatedly. Rama and Ketut were very concerned and tried hard to make amends but it was all too late. They offered free transport to our next location. When I told them we had our own driver organised and perhaps they could pay him, they refused. The villa was poorly cleaned each day and had to ask for the bathroom to be cleaned properly. The manager made many suggestions of restaurants etc, saying he would write it down for us but never followed through.

A beautiful property but will never stay there again. I was so disappointed in management. The front of desk people were very helpful and friendly. Thank you Ketut and Raka for your assistance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jaybro13
Dean T, General Manager at Villa Nirvana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.We value your feedback and I am sorry to note that you felt that the management did not extended themselves for their shortcomings to make amends for the issues and problems faced by you.In fact I personally wrote to you offering gratis massages as also a token gift from us and we honestly tried to do whatever was best possible at the time to rectify your concerns.I had offered free transportation and we had already paid the villa driver but I was informed you had made other arrangements.I even wrote to the contractor asking him to stop work and instructed Ketut and Raja to ask the workers to leave for that day.We constantly strive to give guest satisfaction but sometimes there are areas out of management control and I sincerely apologize. My recommendations for places to go was prepared and left at reception for you as we did not wan to disturb you further.P lease be assured we are sorry for the inconvenience and I am truly sorry that you were not happy at the villa.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a beautiful property, with beautiful rooms, and located just far enough away from the center of town to feel close yet removed (and quiet!). The issues I had were as follows:

1. The shower had very low pressure, the worst of any hotel I stayed in in Ubud, though this was the most expensive. I tried to take a bath and after a half hour gave up because the tub was barely full. For the price you pay, those things should not be happening.

2. There was a problem with the reservation: booked 3 nights but then when I got there they only had the 1st and 3rd night available--this is not the reason that I am ranking them lower--they have an Indian manager, Dean, who was nice to the guests but abrasive and talked down to the staff who were locals, calling them "slow" and "couldn't believe they didn't know what I was talking about" which made me uncomfortable.

All in all, it is a beautiful place and property, and hopefully if you go you won't encounter such problems.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jessica m
Dean T, General Manager at Villa Nirvana Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Jessica,

Greetings from Bali. I hope you had a good and safe flight back home.Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.At the outset I would like to sincerely apologies to you for pulling up the staff within earshot though I was trying to make them aware of the issues you were having at your villa and I may have sounded abrasive to the listener.The shower issue has been rectified since and I will re look at the bath not filling up adequately with hot water.We do our best to give all our guests a great experience and sometimes the staff are not aware of the problems the guest faces.We work as a cohesive team at the villa and I am sorry if I made you fell uncomfortable in any way.This was not my intention. I just wanted the problem resolved as best was possible for all concerned.Thank you and we value your feed back and suggestions.Kind Regards, Dean

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nirvana was exactly what I found when I checked into the Villa Nirvana for a 3 day stay. The room was beautiful and staff was friendly and helpful. The manager had great suggestions for things to do while I was there and even the food was good! The villas are about a 15 min walk from Ubud, but it was a lovely, quiet location and the walk was scenic and not difficult - not to mention that taxis can be had at pretty much every step along the way! I stayed in Ananda Sri and look forward to returning to the villas for any future stays in Bali!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank spakitty

Greeting from Bali.Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor.We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Nirvana.It was indeed a privilege to host you and we look forward to welcoming you, family and friends in the future.

Kind Regards,