“Awwww I love this family”

and 1 more site!
Dewi Antara Homestay
Ranked #83 of 575 Ubud B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awwww I love this family”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

So I stayed here in March 2014. I planned to only stay for one night however i ended up staying for four nights. This was due to being slow in my travel plans and it was just too easy to stay here as the family are relaxed and the location is central.

The family are lovely and the rooms are fantastic. There are two different types of rooms. The cheaper type and the non cheaper type. I stayed in both...

THE CHEAPER TYPE - Big room, Old building, double bed, quite dark but ok, balcany area attached to neighbours balcany, free wifi, cold water, bathroom area is small and a bit dank but for the price it was fine for me. This was 10k.

THE NON CHEAPER TYPE - Big room, new building, light room with big sliding door window, bathroom clean and great, warm water, your own balcany, free wifi. This room was great for me and i paid 18k.

If i went again i would go for the non cheaper type as it was so fantastic and i think its worth paying that little bit extra for the luxury of a lovely bathroom and hot water. All rates offer free brekki of coffee, pancake or toast and egg, fruit salad.

The only thing i would warn people of is the chickens are talkative all night but i didnt find this a problem, i guess if you were really a perticually light sleeper you might have a problem. They also have a baby, if you get the room attached to their house at the back then it might be loud. In a few months though the baby will be old enough to sleep through the night. Saying that, I didnt hear the baby atall and had some great night sleeps, despite me being quite a light sleeper.

I cant wait to go again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. The owner and his family are lovely - so friendly and welcoming. The room was large and clean and had everything we needed - warm shower, comfortable bed and very good wifi. We are travelling on a budget and this is one of the best places we have stayed in so far for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma B
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoy our time in this homestay!
Great breakfast to begin the day. The owner and his family are the best, they made everything easy! Very helpful and happy people.
They can arrange your tours and cooking classes and your transport.
The location is Ok, and the rooms are very clean and big.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The host and his family are so helpful. Excellent location in centre of Ubud. Great breakfast and everything was made so easy thanks to great service of the host. Really recommend the place if you are visiting the Ubud

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ShaunG82
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ubud is a pretty expensive place to stay, and there are lots of shady people waiting to take advantage of tourists. It's great that there are places like this- simple, high quality accommodations with a friendly, helpful family. Rooms are clean and quite nice, and the homestay is located on a quiet street one block from the main action. Inside, it is very authentically Balinese, with the family temple and beautiful woodwoork and sculpture making the courtyard a wonderful place to relax. One of the best budget guesthouses I've stayed with during my travels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paulsu04
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 6, 2013

First I wanted to go to Amel Homestay, but because he was full he sent me to his friend Wyan. I was welcomed with a smile and warm welcome, and they even gave me a welcome drink, when we sat down to sign the usual papers.( I have been to another homestay in Ubud and they did not have this) It is nice to see the whole family including their funny dog living just next door. Their garden is truly wonderful and just by looking at it I felt already more relaxed. Breakfast was good( delicious banana pancakes, fruit salad and tea/coffee). The room was spacious with a big bathroom and a good bed. For only 150,000rpp it is in my opinion more than good value.
The only disadvantage in my room( I think it was the suite) was the bad wifi receptions inside the room/suite. It was hard( sometimes impossible) to upload pictures or just to simply chat. However outside the room the reception was good( Unfortunately I have a really bad battery in my laptop and there was no power plug outside)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The family that runs this homestay is so friendly and makes the best breakfast pancakes every morning. The rate is very cheap and we got our own suite! The homestay is central in Ubud and we didn't need to get a cab once while we stayed there.

• Stayed June 2013