“Go vegan, go alchemy”

Alchemy
Ranked #7 of 35 Dessert in Ubud
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Place of Transformation - ALL RAW & VEGAN CAFE - Salad Bar, Health Store, Juice Bar, Colon Hydrotherapy,Holistic Clinic, raw chocolate & desserts, super foods & more...
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in as i was looking for a light and tasty lunch and after reading the rave reviews about the salad bar i thought this place would be perfect. The salads are excellent value for money and very delicious. Lettuce + 4 toppings and dressing of your choice for only 39,000rp. Also ordered a mango lassie which was delicious. I couldnt help myself and also tried a couple of the raw desserts which were so tasty! Beware this place attracts a certain type of crowd of yogi-hippy like people so i did feel a little out of place, however the food is worth it.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The food is what sells this place. The options are amazing. I only wish that some of the cafes and places like this one offered quieter off street seating away from the scooters. I know its Bali, but clever design, can create a beautiful place. You cannot question any of the food - all amazing.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am a bit baffled by the reputation of this place. I suppose that part of its appeal is the crowd it draws - those dedicated to raw food, yoga and who want to sit amongst other diners who are talking about the benefits of the raw food/yoga lifestyle.
The salad bar is good, but other than the lemongrass vinaigrette, is nothing to write home about. The service is chaotic - no one seems to know what they are doing.
All a bit precious for me, I am afraid.

1  Thank zenymuse
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As a high raw food consumer this place offerings are mostly high overt fat with the exception of the juices .This isn't that healthy at all had a brain fog and upset belly after consuming their really really watered down cashew milk it was so disappointing ,heavily oiled and spiced kale chips as well as a high overt fat key lime pie.Thought I had a sensitive belly but my neighbor too was out for the night due to an upset belly after consuming their salad .For those 3 dishes it was very overpriced 171000 rupiah /RM 40+ and mind you one will still have to pay service charge for take out .Staffs were not warm and welcoming maybe it's the whole atmosfera that was so stifled or maybe because I was the only Asian customer there but I do not like to judge people but they certainly have a 'niche' clientele .But would not go back mainly due to the food quality and price solely.

5  Thank asjahstrina
Reviewed November 28, 2013

raw and vegan place just 5 minutes from our Sri Ratih Cottages (a bit out of center of Ubud).
Just great. I love places like that, there is so much spirit.
since their products are raw (not cooked or baked) and vegan, most of their items do not contain MILK (vegan) or GLUTEN (raw). Quite handy for me and my intolerances. YEAH! So I had the perfect b-day cake: Lemon Coconut Cake. It was yummie and all-I-cannot-have-free.

Been to Alchemy? Share your experiences!